Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Planning on riding the Hayward area this weekend. Are the conditions as good as the website?
I was there last weekend and the trails are still in really good shape. They also picked up 2-4" of snow since I was there which should help the road trails.

It think you will be fine this weekend. Its going to get cold each night so that should help balance the daytime highs. For what its worth, I'll be riding there again this weekend as well.

Where are you staying? If outside of town that would be best for snow conditions and the ski race.

·
Administrator
20,651 Posts
We are staying at the spider lake motel. Right on trail 5 about 15 minutes east of Hayward. Where are you staying
Good location with LOTS of options to ride anywhere. Have fun & be safe with all the x-country ski traffic this weekend :bc:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I’ll add one reminder. Careful on the drive up, the cops work the roads this weekend harder then any all winter. From Eau Claire North they know a lot of people will be in the area this weekend for the ski race.

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,196 Posts
I was just there last weekend. The trails were great. There were some areas that were slippery under the snow cover, but plenty of nice powder ontop. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,196 Posts
Say hi to Bob W. the owner, tell him Don from Moose Lake said hi, he'll know..
Hi Don.... speaking of saying hi...... i ran into hayward powersports last Saturday on my trip to hayward. I asked if anyone knew of you, one guy in the parts department said i know don. So i told him next time you come in to say hi from 340 tx-l. So heads up. :bc: we had a chat about your race sleds. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
36,446 Posts
Hi Don.... speaking of saying hi...... i ran into hayward powersports last Saturday on my trip to hayward. I asked if anyone knew of you, one guy in the parts department said i know don. So i told him next time you come in to say hi from 340 tx-l. So heads up. :bc: we had a chat about your race sleds. :thumbsup:
Probably Damon, Tom, or Matt. Sounds like Tom, grey hair guy, tall?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The wife, kids and I will be riding sleds from EauClaire to our cabin near Hayward Saturday. We’ll leave early and hopefully get there before the trails get too soft. Probably the last time we make that trip this year.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Just got here. They did a great job of getting that pesky snow off the fireroads!......dicks
I will be up at Red Deer, Lodge or Reel liven. Watch the overheating. Im riding a beat up old slow Tcat

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Rode that area yesterday in the afternoon. Trails were pretty good though. Wanted to make a loop before the race this weekend. Nice to get the snow the last day or snow. freshened things up again. -20 now here at Cable

1 - 20 of 72 Posts