Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
We had a great time (y) It was packed on Saturday. I would be interested in hearing what attendance was. My boy loved the side by side races and freestyle on both days.
I ended up buying my boy new jacket, bibs, and helmet. I checked the swaps area out about 3 on Saturday. Man, what a bunch of junk. Just like others stated, mostly just an excuse to park your camper, put a table up to sell 5 things, and just drink/party. Hard to find decent things when they are all mixed in there. Not sure why they don't just camp in the Racer's Edge or Chicken coop? Too long of walk??

This was my first year going and didn't know about parking.
I was coming from 95E from Taylors Falls. I took a left onto 375th St. The Hay Days parking signs directed you there or straight on 95. I figured 95 and Oriole might be congested.
I hit traffic at intersection of 375th and Oriole Ave. This was at 8:25am. I waited for one hour. 3 vehicles in front of me, and they put the f..ing lot full sign up. I then had to head north of 95 to Racers edge parking. No waiting to get in. I was pretty upset. I wasted a complete hour just waiting on Oriole. By the time I got in, was about 9:45. If I knew that, I would have kept going on 95, and parked in Racer's edge or Chicken coop.
Not everybody rides new sleds. The swaps is where you can find the parts you've been looking for. I love the swaps and I saw some pretty good deals on older sleds. They are already paying for the swap spot so why would they pay for another spot in campground.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We had a great time (y) It was packed on Saturday. I would be interested in hearing what attendance was. My boy loved the side by side races and freestyle on both days.
I ended up buying my boy new jacket, bibs, and helmet. I checked the swaps area out about 3 on Saturday. Man, what a bunch of junk. Just like others stated, mostly just an excuse to park your camper, put a table up to sell 5 things, and just drink/party. Hard to find decent things when they are all mixed in there. Not sure why they don't just camp in the Racer's Edge or Chicken coop? Too long of walk??

I was coming from 95E from Taylors Falls. I took a left onto 375th St. The Hay Days parking signs directed you there or straight on 95. I figured 95 and Oriole might be congested.
I hit traffic at intersection of 375th and Oriole Ave. This was at 8:25am. I waited for one hour. 3 vehicles in front of me, and they put the f..ing lot full sign up. I then had to head north of 95 to Racers edge parking. No waiting to get in. I was pretty upset. I wasted a complete hour just waiting on Oriole. By the time I got in, was about 9:45. If I knew that, I would have kept going on 95, and parked in Racer's edge or Chicken coop.
Pasture land west parking has never been full.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,387 Posts
Not everybody rides new sleds. The swaps is where you can find the parts you've been looking for. I love the swaps and I saw some pretty good deals on older sleds. They are already paying for the swap spot so why would they pay for another spot in campground.
I get that. No issues with the old iron and finding parts. There's just a lot of non-sled/powersports garbage out there. I'm not exactly interested in buying a salon chair with a hood dryer from the 1980's....:ROFLMAO: A guy had that along with whole bunch of other crap from the '70's. All non powersports related.

I wasn't stating to buy two spots. Just seems like you're wasting people's time if you go to the swap to sell that if you just want to party.

Good to know, thanks! I should have kept going on 375 then.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What are the details?
Well...been looking for a Matryx for a few months. Ideally, wanted a 137, 650. The nice-to-haves would be a VR1 with ice ripper track, 7s display, Velocity shocks and a 2up seat for taking my daughter on some trips. This sled has it all.

As soon as we walked in the north gate, we headed straight to that place that was selling used avy gear (SW corner of swap 2), hoping to get a BCA vest. Half way there, we cut through the swaps and there it was. Kurt, from Kurt's Offroad, was selling it.

Was asking $13,900, got it for $13,500. He wouldn't budge off of that. 44 miles on it, used sled, no tax. Score.

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
Totally agree I come in from the south and take a left on Oasis Road to get to that west end parking. Meanwhile everyone was stuck in traffic ✌

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Totally agree I come in from the south and take a left on Oasis Road to get to that west end parking. Meanwhile everyone was stuck in traffic ✌
@xcbuc

The map doesnt do it justice. Its way bigger than what the map makes it look like. Theres even enough room to load sleds on the ramps in the fields and a friggin helicopter.

And by noon. Even if you had to park far away. Many of the guys who got there super early have left by then so you just walk to the truck and drive it up close and find an open spot. Then next time its a close walk. We do this, we bring chairs and a cooler to sit and relax now and then.

We went from a 10 minute walk to the truck and drive and found a space in the second row. That turned the walk into a 50 second walk to the gate.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I find it entertaining when some people say they couldnt find anything decent to buy there when only spending one day in the swap,new vendor area ,andwatching some sort of races.There is NO WAY to see all of that in one day and really pay attention to anything.We usuallly walk the entire swap at least 3 times over the weekend and find somthing different to buy each time.
Our camp bought two 850s and a fair amount of parts.I dont mind stuff in the swap other than sled stuff.I bought a 5000 watt generator for $75 from a guy that had just rolled it out of his trailer.Ive bought all kinda of crazy stuff there over the years.I can ususally spend a couple grand on small parts over the weekend.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Someone sent me this photo at 10am Friday. I asked if there was a lot of good stuff this year.

Attachments

Reactions: ziemann

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Someone sent me this photo at 10am Friday. I asked if there was a lot of good stuff this year.
Did he make an offer lol

Ya know when I worked for a certain company we got a spot at haydays from another vendor who had 2 spaces. They didnt have enough people to work one spot so our boss paid for the spot to use. We sold snowmpbile products.

We got a scolding from a lady with a clipboard who worked and help organized there. She was there for official buisness. They told us if we ever did that again we would pretty much be banned from haydays... For paying someone for a spot they didnt need... And selling snowmobile products.

They are clearly on the grounds keeping a lookout, but they cant keep crap like that from getting into the swap year after year?

·
Registered
20,786 Posts

Don’t take 95 in. Come in from the south as others have said. I usually get there about 10:30 11am, drive right in and get a close spot to the door as a lot of guys get there early, spend all their money and leave. I park in the west side lot so I never have to go down 95.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts