Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
208 Posts
Had a great time at Haydays today. Pretty packed by 11am and found most of what I needed at the swaps for less than I budgeted. Sure is exhausting walking that place for 8 hours. Lol

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Had a great time at Haydays today. Pretty packed by 11am and found most of what I needed at the swaps for less than I budgeted. Sure is exhausting walking that place for 8 hours. Lol
I got what I wanted. Slim pickings for KLIM gear. But me and my wife found exactly what we needed. I noticed Klim prices went up. One vendor the proce was crossed out and it was more. I thought F that I'm not paying more than retail. Went to klim and they said the retail prices went up because of shipping going up due to supply shortages. So I bought them anyways. Got 10% off so thats good.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Had a great time today at Hay Days. I did not find a tunnel bag for my new 650 Matryx, nor did I find a used belt. Also Castle X hadn't taken delivery of a lot of their '22 gear. So I didn't find the 3xl jacket I was looking for.

I did order new SlyDog Skis, got new goggles from Judged, and my swag bag at the Polaris booth for ordering my new Polaris this spring. I also bought a case of Klotz at the North Branch Synthetics booth.

So, all in all, successful Hay Days. Did I get a deal on on anything??? No. But I had fun and talked to a ton of people from HCS including @D-rail.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Talking to a few people yesterday it sounds like most of these companies have inventory, but it is stuck in shipping containers and they can't get to it. Swap is a joke, but swaps in general (including car swaps) have been a joke for years, it's too easy to sell on the web. Still fun though. Most of these people gather up a few things just so they can sit there and drink lol can't blame them it looks like a good time. You could not ask for much better weather. We came out $1800 poorer. Brought money to buy a new or newer sled, but prices are too high so I will stick with my 2016

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
My bag included that plus a Patriot 850 towel and a thin Polaris neck sleeve.

I picked up a Craig’s sled lift and a gas hose bender for the 5 gallon jugs. A cover for a Cat 120 was also on my list. I found 3 covers but no sellers would separate the cover from the 120 they were selling.

·
Registered
2014 Polaris 800 SB - - 2015 Polaris 600 SB Adventure Snow Check
541 Posts
My bag included that plus a Patriot 850 towel and a thin Polaris neck sleeve.

I picked up a Craig’s sled lift and a gas hose bender for the 5 gallon jugs. A cover for a Cat 120 was also on my list. I found 3 covers but no sellers would separate the cover from the 120 they were selling.
Once I showed them my snowcheck email confirmation they just started handing me stuff. They gave me the towel, neck sleeve, Swag bag, and a t shirt.

Here again today and no swag bags today.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
The C-Boys probably had the longest lines and most sales of the day?

The food vendors were slammed, long lines at all food stands.

·
Registered
20,786 Posts
Talking to a few people yesterday it sounds like most of these companies have inventory, but it is stuck in shipping containers and they can't get to it. Swap is a joke, but swaps in general (including car swaps) have been a joke for years, it's too easy to sell on the web. Still fun though. Most of these people gather up a few things just so they can sit there and drink lol can't blame them it looks like a good time. You could not ask for much better weather. We came out $1800 poorer. Brought money to buy a new or newer sled, but prices are too high so I will stick with my 2016
It’s true about that. We have had parts we need at work stuck on ships off the coast for months. It’s been happening since about this time last year.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Funny story - After 15,000 miles, my Pro-S is in bad need of a new set of suspension rails. I wasn't feeling real great Saturday, so was moving through the swap pretty fast as I was looking. Low and behold, out of all of Hay Days I run into @D-rail and some other of my HCS riding comrades. After shooting the bull for a while, was telling them what I was looking for so if they saw some they could let me know. Then D-rail says, "Try that guy right there" and pointed about 50 foot up the aisle. "He's got parts from my old sled - pretty sure he has my rails!". Sure as shootin', he had 'em and I was able to get a smokin' deal on 'em, too. What are the chances I would run into him right there and that this vendor would have his old parts!

I guess I'll continue to ride briskly on, well... D-rail's rails.

(Thanks, D-rail!)

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
50,000 people at Hay Days, and we all run in to @D-rail

I was hoping to meet up with some of the FORMER HCS crew that were ousted by VS (and one other person). Zambroski was a no show on Saturday, but was planning on being there Sunday. I probably should have posted something on the Free dom Sled der site to see who was going from the old HCS crew.

Since D-rail tends to organize rides for us HCS'ers, maybe he needs to organize a brief gathering for us at Hay Days as well - maybe have a beer? LOL.

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,992 Posts
Ha!! Our good friend and fellow brisk pace compadre Potatodigger1 put us up for the overnight Friday... AND grilled steaks and brats... AND gave us refreshments, AND secured our weekend passes, so a hearty thank you is needed here for him, also!! It's like herding cats sometimes when it comes to the swap. I had a fabulous time, and we tried picking the brains of the Polaris engine guru who was mum about if the Turbo was being added to the trail sleds... but judging by his smile... I wouldn't be surprised if one comes along... someday.

I asked him how far out they are on developing new engines, because that's all he does... he said they aren't real specific, but several years down the road from what I could gather... he can't say much- so he can keep his job. But it's nice to hear development teams at Polaris are looking ahead and bettering their products. I forgot to add I'd like to see a triple, but I'm sure he gets that all the time.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I sure did miss hanging out with the digger this year and enjoying a Widowmaker. Good Lord willing next year......

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,387 Posts
We had a great time (y) It was packed on Saturday. I would be interested in hearing what attendance was. My boy loved the side by side races and freestyle on both days.
I ended up buying my boy new jacket, bibs, and helmet. I checked the swaps area out about 3 on Saturday. Man, what a bunch of junk. Just like others stated, mostly just an excuse to park your camper, put a table up to sell 5 things, and just drink/party. Hard to find decent things when they are all mixed in there. Not sure why they don't just camp in the Racer's Edge or Chicken coop? Too long of walk??

This was my first year going and didn't know about parking.
I was coming from 95E from Taylors Falls. I took a left onto 375th St. The Hay Days parking signs directed you there or straight on 95. I figured 95 and Oriole might be congested.
I hit traffic at intersection of 375th and Oriole Ave. This was at 8:25am. I waited for one hour. 3 vehicles in front of me, and they put the f..ing lot full sign up. I then had to head north of 95 to Racers edge parking. No waiting to get in. I was pretty upset. I wasted a complete hour just waiting on Oriole. By the time I got in, was about 9:45. If I knew that, I would have kept going on 95, and parked in Racer's edge or Chicken coop.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts