Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
First year I went was the first year at the new location, what a debacle that was but have been back every year since. There’s allot to see!
I was a swapper that first year in Sunrise Township. Was glad I was there as a swapper versus sitting in line for 6 hours to get in because of the parking debacle.....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Online ticket sales really make it nice as well. We bought our tickets last time online, and walked right up to get a bracelet. Very nice!

I would expect record crowds this year with all the pent up sled aggression due to no show and minimal snow last year.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I am going to cancel a room in Lino Lakes for Friday and Sat nights if anyone is looking. I will be doing this before Sept. 2nd.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
No I am not. The room is at the Hampton and was like 406 total for Friday and Sat nights (ouch). I am not sure if there is a waiting list or somehow we can transfer the room res.

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
Can't wait for Hay Days this year! Might do 2 days this year instead of just one because otherwise I'll just wake up Sun wishing I was going back.

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
Can anyone confirm if it's true they were trying to separate the swaps based on if guys had more atv vs snowmobile parts?
Just heard something about that but seems to me that might be a pain in the butt to do when all the swap guys come pouring in on Fri.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
they will not try that again.....Too many people have it all.

·
Registered
20,786 Posts
Can anyone confirm if it's true they were trying to separate the swaps based on if guys had more atv vs snowmobile parts?
Just heard something about that but seems to me that might be a pain in the butt to do when all the swap guys come pouring in on Fri.
That swap meet is cluster to begin with. there is no way of being able to organize that.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
The swap is tough. So much junk. You have to be willing to walk through a ton of junk before find something you want. But the deals are out there. I have had good luck with covers, belts, skis, etc. I've sold multiple sleds over the last few years and have done well selling at the swap.

For a few years, I was selling Klotz. I did really well and made great money. But now the profit margins are no longer there for it to be worth it. By the time I buy my swap spot, and enough Klotz wholesale to get a low enough price, I can't sell it cheap enough to move it all at a decent price and still make a profit. North Branch Synthetics has done well selling Klotz. They were buying enough quantity wholesale to be able to sell it and make a profit. I didn't have enough margin at $40/gallon which is about the max you can sell it for at Hay Days.

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
looks like they are offering first dibs next year to swappers that stay the whole time on Sunday. Good thing to do. I always hated it on Sunday when the swappers would pack up at noon.

·
Registered
345 Posts
looks like they are offering first dibs next year to swappers that stay the whole time on Sunday. Good thing to do. I always hated it on Sunday when the swappers would pack up at noon.
They did that in 2019 also you basically get your sites reserved for next year if you want moore you have to get them when everyone else does in june.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wish they would separate the scrap from the good stuff lol. Some of that stuff isn't worth bringing! I know its impossible but would save some walking!

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Sunday's are a great day to go and low ball people... Either sell or take it home!
Sunday I usually hear, just take it. I don't want to load it up.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts