Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
11 hours for me one way. If they would ever get done with the Cut River bridge it would knock of a good 1/2 hour to 45 min. 3 years now working on that bridge.
Supposed to be done by July as long as they dont find more damage. It's had 1 lane open this year with a traffic light. There is a bypass, Cut River Rd, that we use when US2 is busy to avoid the tourist traffic.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Supposed to be done by July as long as they dont find more damage. It's had 1 lane open this year with a traffic light. There is a bypass, Cut River Rd, that we use when US2 is busy to avoid the tourist traffic.

I hope so.....I hate that bypass. On an up note, you could/will set in traffic not moving for a lot longer going the Chicago way.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Wish they would bring back the Hastings swap meet and snowshow

Greed and egos. Not a good mixture

The Barons know how to do it and the Manufacturers know it. They all use the Haydays as their showcase and connection to the public. This is why experiencing this show should be on every HCS bucket list.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
It's worth every hassle, headache, and weather related issue (HOT AND DUSTY) to go at least once.

My legs wear out way before I've seen everything. I've left there spending less than $50 and more than a $1,000 and each time it was well worth it.

GO>

·
Registered
838 Posts
I hope so.....I hate that bypass. On an up note, you could/will set in traffic not moving for a lot longer going the Chicago way.
Most don't realize how close that bridge came to total failure....collapse! 2 yrs ago they did a routine inspection to check the condition of the repairs from the previous year and found multiple failures and it was closed immediately, this is why it's been an ongoing project. The crew there now is finishing the painting of the new structure so it should be finished for a few years very soon.

Back on topic.... Haydays is a must see at least once for any true sled head. It's been a few years since I went out there but I have a customer in Hudson Wis that I visit, just need to align work the work schedule so it can be a business trip :whistle:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I'm going. Me and my wife will be looking for a rush for her that's blown up.

First time will be great for you. Not many places to rest, so bring some fold up chairs or something to relax in the parking lot. Bring a cooler too. Me and my wife park in the western most side parking lot. 5 bucks more, but its a good spot. Usually we get there about 2 hours late after the gates open. The lines are low by then. After about 10 or 11 spots car spots close to the gate open up. We move the car way close to the gate. We like to take breaks, you do a ton of walking. Its basically fair food in there so you can decide if you want to bring food or eat in there. You can bring a backpack or wagon in with you. I store drinks in the backpack.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'm going. Me and my wife will be looking for a rush for her that's blown up.

First time will be great for you. Not many places to rest, so bring some fold up chairs or something to relax in the parking lot. Bring a cooler too. Me and my wife park in the western most side parking lot. 5 bucks more, but its a good spot. Usually we get there about 2 hours late after the gates open. The lines are low by then. After about 10 or 11 spots car spots close to the gate open up. We move the car way close to the gate. We like to take breaks, you do a ton of walking. Its basically fair food in there so you can decide if you want to bring food or eat in there. You can bring a backpack or wagon in with you. I store drinks in the backpack.
If you are seriously shopping I would be the first one in the gate.By 10 or 11 all of the deals will have been bought and resold twice already....Sleds are getting bought and sold at 7am Friday morning on the road while everybody is still in line to get in.Some dealers will buy 50 or more sleds to resell over the weekend.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
We pulled in on Friday last year and there was a seller out by the entrance set up already. "I see IQR parts" I said. Out I went. The parking was so efficient that I walked the complete swap area before I finally caught up with the truck and trailer. 5 min later we were parked. Never doing that again. I was tired before we parked....Friday is a hoot......By far the best deal day.

Then again some don't like to see the junk....LOL. Good, more for me to buy and pay for my trip.

·
Registered
987 Posts
So long as i dont break down 3 miles out again ill be there this year, Also hoping to be working again next month early so i should have some money back in my account too. God knows haydays likes to be expensive for me lol.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
I park down the road at a farm, and ride in with my buddy who swaps, on Friday. I leave the grounds and go back to the hotel Friday and Saturday. I have tried all parking lots but like the west lot the best. I pull in Sat./Sun morning around 6:30 and eat the food I just got at the hotel continental breakfast. It is a tailgate party in the parking lot before the gates open. I walk around and BS. Great parking can be had at this time. The west lot is close to the swap area, so that is why I prefer it. If not buying big items it makes no difference where you park.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Cut River Bridge is has both lanes open now, all equipment & supplies are gone. Should be done for a few years.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Cut River Bridge is has both lanes open now, all equipment & supplies are gone. Should be done for a few years.

Looks like they are going to dick with me again this year. to go west on 2 from St Iggy I hear there will be a detour north on 75 to 123. This sucks but light years better than dealing with the other way.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
That' s close. It's a good 1/2 hour for me to get there from Lino Lakes

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wednesday morning, US-2 @ Brevort River Bridge will be closed, the detour adds about 3 miles to the drive but it's all main roads, very straight unlike the detour around Cut River. Take M123 towards Trout Lake to Worth Rd & back to US-2.
My wife works in St Iggy, she'll take this route often during the summer to avoid the summer tourist traffic on US-2.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Wednesday morning, US-2 @ Brevort River Bridge will be closed, the detour adds about 3 miles to the drive but it's all main roads, very straight unlike the detour around Cut River. Take M123 towards Trout Lake to Worth Rd & back to US-2.
Thanks....doesn't sound too bad and yeah that Cut River detour was a real peach! :roflmao:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts