Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I started to consider an F7 when the sleds were first introduced last February. And was sold when I went to the Arctic Cat show in Albany, NY. My friends and family warned me about buying a first year sled, new technology etc. But I had the money now, and really wanted something new for this season. Hadn't had a new sled since the '97 EXT600.

Well, the F7 has had some problems, no doubt. But it is now January and I have about 230 miles on my F7. After my friends and family have seen what this sled can do, one of my friends and my cousin are both picking up their new F7's this week. My friend got a black sabercat F7 standard that somebody backed out of at the beginning of the year, he picks it up Thursday. My cousing got a black standard F7, he picks it up Wednesday. We are then leaving for Old Forge next Tuesday morning, so they can break them in.

So, I was just wondering. Has anyone else caused there riding buddies, to go out now and buy one of these sleds?

Enjoy your ride. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I rode with a bud in the UP last week, he's got an '02 MXZ 700, and is not too crazy about the REV platform. We traded a few times, he loved the F7! I think he was ready to trade the DOO right up until the last time we switched. He wanted to try it in the big whoops, but the sled cut out on him several times, then stalled. Suddenly he was not convinced he was ready for a Firecat. :( Hopefully I'll get a chance to go back out to the UP later in the year when the sled is working right so he can try again. ;)

On a side note, we stopped in Grand Marias, MI for gas last Tues. afternoon, and had to wait for the guys at the pumps to drag a REV 800 away from the pumps cuz the thing wouldn't re-start after fueling. After we finally gassed, my buds MXZ wouldn't start either. :D I told him to drag it over to the designated "Ski-Doo cool down area" next to the REV, which we did. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've started a line up at the local skidoo dealer for fix-up's and mods with most of my riding buddies! They can't touch my F7. And that's a big period!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello ,thought i would add a little something,before i even let my buddies ride the F-7 on the grass in early oct,they searcing to get one.the f-7 turned a ski-doo guy into a cat lover ,2 polaris guys ,and 2 yamaha guys into cat men.i should of left my garage door closed ,now the all my buddies are just as fast,too cool.

·
Registered
534 Posts
My buddy was considering getting an open mod 711 to keep up. When he saw what was out there in the market (used sled vs. new with warrenty, it was no contest, the F7 and 6 month free financing deal overcame any reservations he had). Now that we both have f7's we can open them up and put those sleds into warp speed on the trail. These sleds are fast and we love the way they handle bumps, jumps and the great accelleration. We ride within our limits, however. The F7 is much faster than our older sleds and requires more self control.

I wish I could say that about some of the other cat riders we saw out there. It used to be we'd run into goofballs riding to fast and taking to many chances who were on all brands. Last weekend (Newberry) every rider (but one Yami guy) we saw who was riding dangerous or taking risks was on a CAT. (Maybe it's because there are more riders on AC sleds now. . . maybe it's because everyone has the fever and is chomping at the bit to hit the snow hard and fast.)

We had a guy pass us on a curved narrow trail (he was riding a ZR with a gold chrome windshield). Later about 3 miles down the trail another ZR rider's sled was out in the bushes. The guy crashed into a small tree and hooked his ski. The group who was with him was smiling, so I guess he was okay, maybe a bent A-Arm or damaged spindle. We have footage of the guys sled and will post a still from our helmetcam showing the guy in the woods.

Please be careful on the trails your first time out. Realize there's a lot more traffic out there this year and chances are those out there are anxious and in a hurry because they didn't get any early riding in this year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
After experiencing a butt whopping from my son's F5 on my Zr 600, I'll consider the new F6 when it's available to the public.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its available.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I let a Doo rider and a nother cat rider take a ride on my
f7 they are both snow checking a f7 this spring. They
could not belive the ride or how it pulled. It is a sno pro
with 136 studs.