Hardcore Sledder banner

Have you bent anything on your 08 Nytro

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing people saying they have bent theres and some say they havent,I have not. Knock on wood.Just trying to get an Idea on how many people have.I am talking normal trail riding,Not smacking a rock or tree at 50 mph. Please answer honestly!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i hate saying this but yamaha is trying so hard to get the weight down that they are cutting weight in the wrong places take for instance cat crap they tried narrow tracks and lighter frames only to move on to their latest f series sledds AND THEIR HEAVY !! but not many if any are twisting and bending like the firecats did but they got heavy rx1 was a tank but it held up some have 30,000 miles now and hyfax was a big complaint polaris new iq sledds have a flaw between the shock towers going by what snotech says these have no braces and they can fold in under extreme conditions but nobody has issues yet??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cat has done this and in my mind the rev XP has done this too. Too much weight loss/design and we are the R&D. It sucks, but thats how it is. Yamaha must come good on this, its happening way too much.

I know how angry you are spartan, but please, you are just radically shouting at this point. I was one of those people who said lets see in a month, and now we have. You are right, just please calm the tone a touch. You called it, I will admit.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cat has done this and in my mind the rev XP has done this too. Too much weight loss/design and we are the R&D. It sucks, but thats how it is. Yamaha must come good on this, its happening way too much.

I know how angry you are spartan, but please, you are just radically shouting at this point. I was one of those people who said lets see in a month, and now we have. You are right, just please calm the tone a touch. You called it, I will admit.[/b]
DUDE,

that is not angry, not at all. Believe me I am not happy now that all these other FX Nytro owners are getting enough miles to expose this design flaw. I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. $12,000 for an unrideable sled. My engineering friends say a redesigned (stronger) front subframe will fix our worries.

I don't care if Yamaha or an aftermarket company comes out with one, I just want to ride my sled with confidence.

Hows that "anger" policeman?????

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DUDE,

that is not angry, not at all. Believe me I am not happy now that all these other FX Nytro owners are getting enough miles to expose this design flaw. I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. $12,000 for an unrideable sled. My engineering friends say a redesigned (stronger) front subframe will fix our worries.

I don't care if Yamaha or an aftermarket company comes out with one, I just want to ride my sled with confidence.

Hows that "anger" policeman?????[/b]
I think he is trying to say that any one who shows a sign of disagreeing with you,You lash out at them. So far no problems with mine. Knock on wood!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think he is trying to say that any one who shows a sign of disagreeing with you,You lash out at them. So far no problems with mine. Knock on wood![/b]
If you want to see "lashing out" you should check the older posts and deleted threads when I was ATTACKED for reporting this problem in mid-December. That was some real "lashing" bro.

Now that this front end is failing for more and more owners, the tunes are changing.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
That thread posted is mine its a mess definately a sled problem not a condition or riding problem. 2 trips on groomed trails the whole time no off trail riding produced that bent front end.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
If you want to see "lashing out" you should check the older posts and deleted threads when I was ATTACKED for reporting this problem in mid-December. That was some real "lashing" bro.

Now that this front end is failing for more and more owners, the tunes are changing.[/b]
Spartan why are you arguing with a 17 year old who probably doesnt even have a Nytro since its on "snow check" and he/she has ridden less than 30 miles in the last 2 years?
Im sooooooo sick of everyone who is happy with their sleds handwarmers, dry feet, sub frames, ski's, shock/spring calibration, etc, etc hyjacking these threads. if your so damn happy with yours or unless you are being paid by Yamaha to derail these post, go out an ride it--GET OFF THE COMPUTER!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Both of you need to chill... I'm not going to warn you again. You can talk about your problems but if you keep attacking people who disagree with you, you'll get the boot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
DUDE,

Hows that "anger" policeman?????[/b]
Well, your tone has softened, but when you type in all caps, its like you're shouting. That, and 5 exclimation points make it sound like you're just shouting to the world. Do you want your props? Is that what you need in life? You called it first. Fine. I will give you that. And if you noticed, there were several of us who didn't say you were aliar, didn't BASH you, just asked to see more pics and evidence before we were concerned about it being a wide spread problem. Look at it this way, if a wheel falls off a car, and someone you've never met nor seen reports it and says it happened to his friends, do you believe the whole line of cars is junk and in need of repair? I agree with you, we are seeing many of these and we need to do our part to fix them, which is having discussions on here, and reporting every incident to our dealer. That is how we'll get this fixed, not by lamenting our lot in sledding to the world (not saying you are, but some are deffinately guilty of this).

Keeping with the cars compairison, perhaps we've had a bad run of parts, with weak metal or some braceing missing from the sub frame when they were produced. I work in manufacturing and sometimes we have to recall all the units in a perticular serial run because of a part that pasted test and fit, but we later found out will not be effective over time or maintain its strength. If we could get people posting their build date and/or the end of their serial numbers and weather or not they have a bend or not, we can prove or disprove this theory. And other than making others aware a problem exisits (they are), this is about all we can do from the internet, thats constructive anyway. I'd rather be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I understand your anger, but you are taking it out on the rest of us, some of whom didn't slam you, but said lets see what happens (and can we do much else besides checking our own machines for damage?). The more you seem like you're shouting at all the people who have wronged you, the more people are apt to ignore you. TurboJamie has been a good example of someone whos posts I've seen who is clearly angry, but civil and a discussion mode to try and find the cause of this so yamaha can fix it. Nate over on TY also asked to see where the bends are, exactly, as some of us have fabracation skills and can make things if we know what we are trying to fix exactly.

Lets see those build dates and serial numbers.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spartan why are you arguing with a 17 year old who probably doesnt even have a Nytro since its on "snow check" and he/she has ridden less than 30 miles in the last 2 years?
Im sooooooo sick of everyone who is happy with their sleds handwarmers, dry feet, sub frames, ski's, shock/spring calibration, etc, etc hyjacking these threads. if your so damn happy with yours or unless you are being paid by Yamaha to derail these post, go out an ride it--GET OFF THE COMPUTER![/b]
Damn,Talk about someone who is in a up raw. I wish I had a dig. Camra to show you but I dont,I find it funny how you can say that and you dont even know me. But thats ok,I understand your upset.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Damn,Talk about someone who is in a up raw. I wish I had a dig. Camra to show you but I dont,I find it funny how you can say that and you dont even know me. But thats ok,I understand your upset.[/b]
I for the life of me still dont understand why perfectly happy Nytro owners feel the need to reply over and over to threads that obviously dont pertain to them. This derails the thread and starts the hostility IMO. And...... if you do own an FX Nytro and have ridden more than 60 miles in the last 3 years, great! just update your profile please.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I for the life of me still dont understand why perfectly happy Nytro owners feel the need to reply over and over to threads that obviously dont pertain to them. This derails the thread and starts the hostility IMO. And...... if you do own an FX Nytro and have ridden more than 60 miles in the last 3 years, great! just update your profile please.[/b]
I do honestly,I just took some pics. I would be riding but I dont have any snow to ride on.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts