Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 11 years screaming around on a Ski Doo i'm going to give Cat a shot. My pick is the 2004 Standard Suspension Carbed F7.
I'm the type of person who either wants it now or never, im a very pushy and unpatient person. I like to do things the first time, and done right the first time. I will be snow checking the F7 towards the last week of March or very begining of April. I have looked around in my area and researched 4 dealers that are relativley close to my castle( :p ). I called all 4 dealers and kind of tested them on their level of experience with the F7 and the problems they had in '03. I got from one dealer"uhh we think it's because Arctic Cat had air in the oil lines, and plus people were riding in areas without the adequate snow required therefor overheating." The next dealer I called was very polite, and knew right from the gun what he was talking about, he responded to my questions within 1/2 a second (very confident tech), this guy told me quote on quote "It's simple, some dealers decided they were not going to bleed the lines correctly, instead the dealers decided to put 17 year olds with a clip board and a check list in charge of prepping sleds instead of techs who know what they are doing." Now after hearing that quote I put that dealership at the top of the list, he told me he can offer me $6,995 for a Standard suspension carbed F7. I'm not sure how good of deals you guys were offered but out of the 4 dealers I called this was the lowest price and this dealer sounded very confident on what he was talking about. By the way if you wanted to know the dealers name its " A1 Sports Center" in Manchester New Hampshire. Do you guys think I have done my homework pretty well or should I scope out more aspects? Im trying to test myself and make myself take my time on this process so that it turns out positive.

Thanks,
Craig. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only flaw with this dealer is that hes 45 minutes from my house, kind of a hike. How important is it to buy it from a dealer who preps the sled good, I mean dont all dealers prep thesled the same?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Good dealers are getting harder to find. I bought my first sled from a dealer 5 minutes from my house and once the papers were signed their real attitudes came out. Suddenly the cover wasnt included and any time I called with a question it was like pullin teeth. So now I drive 30 minutes to a dealer who treats me like I'm his only customer he did all my work on a sled I bought elsewere and since then I bought two sleds in two years gear and anything else I need. Trust me your sled is only as good as your dealer.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Craig, I drive a little more than a hour away to livingstons in hillsboro. They are one of the largest dealers around. Ive been buying from Gene and Steve for 13 years and never had a bad experience. If you are interested give them a call well worth it. Steve is Genes son he is the person to talk to about performance on a sled. There phone number is 603-464-5454, you wont be disappointed. Any questions email me [email protected]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sounds good, the only thing i could recommend is the EFI snow pro....ripper from corner to corner. Excellent throttle response and starts on the second pull every time.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
From Mrz

The only flaw with this dealer is that hes 45 minutes from my house, kind of a hike. How important is it to buy it from a dealer who preps the sled good, I mean dont all dealers prep thesled the same?

Kingcatf7 is right, A dealer can make or break you in a lot of ways. Nothing is more aggravating than
dealing with a bad dealer.Distance forces some people to have to put up with poor service, poor mechanics, and lack of professionalism , and then add the lack of simple courtesy to it and it makes the greatness of sledding itself become a bad overall experience in some peoples eye.On the other hand If you have a good dealer your doing buisness with you can feel a good sence of security and trust when you have a problem. I'm not one to nickel and dime people, I have always been willing to pay a premium for good quality and or service with anything. When that is compromised see ya !!
Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by MrZ@Mar 15 2003, 03:33 PM
Well, after 11 years screaming around on a Ski Doo i'm going to give Cat a shot. My pick is the 2004 Standard Suspension Carbed F7.
I'm the type of person who either wants it now or never, im a very pushy and unpatient person. I like to do things the first time, and done right the first time. I will be snow checking the F7 towards the last week of March or very begining of April. I have looked around in my area and researched 4 dealers that are relativley close to my castle( :p ). I called all 4 dealers and kind of tested them on their level of experience with the F7 and the problems they had in '03. I got from one dealer"uhh we think it's because Arctic Cat had air in the oil lines, and plus people were riding in areas without the adequate snow required therefor overheating." The next dealer I called was very polite, and knew right from the gun what he was talking about, he responded to my questions within 1/2 a second (very confident tech), this guy told me quote on quote "It's simple, some dealers decided they were not going to bleed the lines correctly, instead the dealers decided to put 17 year olds with a clip board and a check list in charge of prepping sleds instead of techs who know what they are doing." Now after hearing that quote I put that dealership at the top of the list, he told me he can offer me $6,995 for a Standard suspension carbed F7. I'm not sure how good of deals you guys were offered but out of the 4 dealers I called this was the lowest price and this dealer sounded very confident on what he was talking about. By the way if you wanted to know the dealers name its " A1 Sports Center" in Manchester New Hampshire. Do you guys think I have done my homework pretty well or should I scope out more aspects? Im trying to test myself and make myself take my time on this process so that it turns out positive.

Thanks,
Craig. :)
MRZ

I Purchased my f7 std from PLAISTOW POWER SPORTS in NH..I have 2900
miles with no problems. Ive had no problems with this dealer so far...

Good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
I purchased my F7 from a dealer that is 4 hours away. It got really frustrating with all the updates but he treated me so good that i will definately buy my next sled from him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good dealers are worth every penny. I pay a couple hundred more per sled from my dealer, but the service I get is worth it. If there is a problem he fixes it. When there is an update I get a call to bring my sled down and have it done. 45mins is worth the trip if this guy is the best around.

·
Registered
482 Posts
We also drive an hour away to our dealer. He treats us pretty good, and knows lots of performance people. He is alos one of the AC tech for SnowTech Mag. The dealers that are closer can only tell you what their computer tells them. To get a relationship with someone who is willing to help you out, and not give you the shaft after the deal is worth an hour trip, in my book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts