Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got talking sunday as We were driving back home after riding. Have We hauled our sleds more miles than We rode them? I would say I have hauled them at least 1500 miles to ride 1100!! Now I have a 4 place trailer that is usually full so if You added the miles on all the sleds together We have rode more! How about You guys????

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
1000 miles on sled. 0 miles on trailer. :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
not even close, probaly 5 times more miles on tow veh. than sleds!
i drive a min. of 400 miles one way to find snow!
it sucks but i love this sport, so ido what i have to!
never hear me complain about towing to snow
ten yrs ago chicago used to have snow dec- march, now we don't have any,
last few years we would get hit with 10-12" overnight and ride local for 2 or 3 days till it would melt,
this year not enough yet to even cover the grass :angry:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've been putting about 5 or 6 miles on the truck for every mile ridden on the snow. However this will change to about 3 miles to 1, due to early extra trips which were maintainance issues with our trailer, etc. I ended up making a couple of extra trips.

We don't always tow, have the sleds and trailer up north with friends in storage.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have lots of good riding around where We live but We luv to see new country! Also We head to the UP as soon as they get snow anywhere ( We rode Nov. 29th this year) and last year we rode Easter weekend at Big Bay! I could ride from My house every day if I wanted to ride the same old trails but how boring would that be!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
3 trips x 720 miles roundtrip on tow vehicle = 2,160 miles

sled = 1150 miles

being able to get away and play = priceless

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
first time we went riding was in nd . i live in iowa so it was like 1500 miles round trip for 300 miles on sled :wacko:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't really trailer much. Out my backdoor I can ride all the way to Old forge, Boonville, or even up in to Canada. Canada will be a week long trip if I went. I love living in the Adirondack mountains.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
950 miles on Sled, 180 miles on trailer, involved trailering up and back twice from Utica NY to Old Forge.... From there, they stay parked in the garage in the camp..... just gotta hop in the truck, drive 45 minutes and can ride from there...

Ahhhhhhh.... Speaking of which, Thats the plan for tomorrow night, once again

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dave,

Yeah, I hear ya..... never made it to Tug Hill from Old Forge, either went up to Long Lake area, or as far down as Forestport...... If I make it to Forestport this weekend, I'll continue south on the Penn Mountain Trails.... I know how hairy it can get in Tug Hill and avoid it at all costs, plus its too easy for me to get lost up there, not big on gettin lost...

Later

Steve

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far for the day I have hauled them 35 rode 0!! Just wait till tonight!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts