Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buds and my snow flaps got sucked under and destroyed this past weekend. My bud's sled also showed a temp warning because of it, as well. This should be WARRANTY REPLACEMENT.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
mine got chewed up pretty good too, Nice 3x2 hole on one side. Does anyone know what is causing the flap to be sucked in? Could it be on deceleration or on launch and the wind from the track sucks it in. When I sit on my sled the flap doesnt hit the snow, who knows

·
Registered
960 Posts
that happened to mine 2 bs!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
maybey it gets pinched between the back of the mogul and the track and then it gets swept in

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
how does a sucked in flap cause an engine overheat???????, that's a new one to me?????????

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the snow flap gets pulled in, it completely covers the heat exchanger so snow can't hit it.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
ic, that makes sense, have 450 miles, i noticed mine sucked in once, but didn't even leave a mark, and it didn't do it again either

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Mine got sucked in too..once it gets sucked in once its going to keep happening. I am on my third flap now and they say they can;t cover them on warrant. I made an extension so it touches the ground (i have to because of racing rules) and made limiter straps go from the tunnel to the flap and it doesn't happen anymore

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine has the first time it was my fault i went up a bank and wasn't gonna make it so i let of and it slide down the flap got pushed in and studs got it the other 3 not mine it gor sucked in after i cut it off

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine was sucked in the other night and my temp. light started blinking also. Couldn't figure why it was getting hot....then thought of the flap and.......suprise...it was sucked in. Pulled it back out and no more temp. problems.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Mine has been sucked in numerous times. I am going to pick up a new one today and install the strap. Mine got sucked in with less than 10 miles on the sled and has been a nightmare ever since. I don’t understand why AC didn’t install the $2 strap to begin with. Guess they had an overrun on the flaps and needed to sell a few more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
240 miles and Mine has never been sucked in. Just by looking at it - it looks far better than my other 2 AC's. Much further from the track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is also a little spring deal that mounts behind the flap and the spring holds it from it getting sucked in. Had one on my old Cat.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
They are farther from the track than the old style. However, I don’t think distance solves the problem. When ridding in wet snow, it tends to stick to the flap and the flap gets heavy. Brake hard or hit a couple bumps, and it’s all over – especially on the snow pros. Where did you find the spring doohickey?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Hey guys,
I was in an AC dealer the other day and checked the F-cat sno flaps. I have a 02 sno pro and it seems like the flap on that sled seems WAY stiffer than the F-cats. You can not push mine in very far without a lot of effort while the flap on the F-cat seemed very floppy. Maybe it was the temperature difference, but I could swear the flap between the two models is different. Maybe someone wants to check into it. I would have to think the two flaps bolt on the same. By the way, I have taken some high speed runs with the sno pro and have never sucked it in. 1 3/8" track obviously.
Cat S.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
my sno-pro has to stiff rubber pieces behind the flap to keep it pushed out,
ask the dealer for o parts break downfor the rear of a o2 440 sno-pro should show what i'm talking about, never had the flap sucked in yet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am on flap number 3 right now, dealer wouldn't warranty because I have studs in the track. BS I say, shouldn't have happened anyway. sled does heat up whenever it happens. what is the strap kit you are talking about? or did you just fabricate one?

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I got the strap idea from Jay. I guess the strap comes with the 440 snow pros.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts