Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any first hand experience with the new racer on trails? How does it handle? It is supposed to be oriented towards Cross Country as well. How does it handle the tight twisties?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
lower spindel needs a mod ,, because it is weak,,, so it needs to be welded,,, but wicked sweet sled

·
Registered
342 Posts
i was at thief river and they were running the sno-pro against something else i hadn't seen yet. it seriously hauled ass in the ditch, testing was done right outside the Black Cat bar for those who have been there. Impressive acceleration with minimal ski-lift, would compare it to the F7 or so. (with it running a 600..)

·
Registered
342 Posts
should also mention the local racer where i am loves it, says it's more like a motocross bike, sits sorta like a twin spar but more aggressive in stance/control. runs a very deep tunnel to accommodate this. i havn't driven it but he loves and says the brp guys like it compared to the xp on the track, handles better and doesn't break. mod sled is an animal though. oh yea, and its a twinsparish design but it's LIGHT!

·
Super Advanced Member
3,369 Posts
i was at thief river and they were running the sno-pro against something else i hadn't seen yet. it seriously hauled ass in the ditch, testing was done right outside the Black Cat bar for those who have been there. Impressive acceleration with minimal ski-lift, would compare it to the F7 or so. (with it running a 600..)[/b]

Which sled was seriously hauling ass? The new SnoPro or the "something else I hadn't seen yet"?

·
Registered
342 Posts
sorry, the sno-pro was hauling ass. sno-pro was always holeshotting it and in front 1 length and pulling to 2-3 at end. probably a 500-600ft run. the one in front was the new sno-pro, the other one i didn't look at too much to be honest. my friend and i were debating it to be a different decaling sno-pro (maybe CC version?) or a stripped F6, i have only seen the black and green s/p so call me ignorant. couldn't put a finger on it. either way the sno-pro was sweet, looked like a blast.

·
Registered
342 Posts
no it had black ski's, less decaling, looked pretty plain and black. don't remember that much green either...not much help am i...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm thinking the mod sled would have been a larger difference? You race guys would know. I could see it being the cross country version, losing in the short end like that. Maybe it's the xp trasher for next year...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ive put about 20 miles on between my buddy's mod and stocker. I didnt notice a huge difference between the two, the mod pulls alot harder bottom to midrange. The sleds are awesome and are a ditchbangers dream. Im buying his stocker at the end of the season so weel see how it goes. Theyre gonna be hard to find.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive put about 20 miles on between my buddy's mod and stocker. I didnt notice a huge difference between the two, the mod pulls alot harder bottom to midrange. The sleds are awesome and are a ditchbangers dream. Im buying his stocker at the end of the season so weel see how it goes. Theyre gonna be hard to find.[/b]
How are they in handling in the tight twisties? Do they Carve or High Side?

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
I'd pay alot of money for some seat time. Anyone with one of these sleds could make alot of money on this. $10/minute or something, and make them sign a contract saying "You break it, you buy it."

·
Registered
322 Posts
How are they in handling in the tight twisties? Do they Carve or High Side?[/b]

The sleds carve awesome. I think the XT's are way too aggressive for trail riding, a set of razors would help calm things down a little bit. Thats my only complaint about them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ran into one last weekend, off trail. It looked and was already riden hard and pounded. It did look bad#ss. The guy told me stuff kept brakeing, worse then the old chassie. Sorry for the bad news, i was also suprised. Posted pic on arctichat.

·
Registered
221 Posts
my buddy has one. we went up north to his place a few weeks ago and he put some break in miles on it. I know he trimmed the track down to 1.5" from the 1.7".

sled is cool as hell, sounds awesome and rips. I didn't ride it, but I stood and sat on it lol. only minor pain is making sure you carry enough oil since you gotta mix it in the tank yourself as the sled has no oil resevoir, etc.

here's a couple pics of it from that ride off my iPhone. I have more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts