Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we rode all the way to the rock face there was not enough snow to make it to the tower the snow was over balls deep in the woods but lots of throtle rev ep riped up

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
we rode all the way to the rock face there was not enough snow to make it to the tower the snow was over balls deep in the woods but lots of throtle rev ep riped up[/b]
I have heard of it, how were the trails around KI? Which way did you go in? Fun ride isnt it.

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Which one? as there are more than one in Maine. With snow conditions right now bet you could get a kitty cat up the one in Andover.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Which one? as there are more than one in Maine. With snow conditions right now bet you could get a kitty cat up the one in Andover.[/b]
Where is White Cap Mountain in Andover? Ride from there always, dont know area totally

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which one? as there are more than one in Maine. With snow conditions right now bet you could get a kitty cat up the one in Andover.[/b]
white cap mountain the one i climbed is located in t b r 10 wels off the ki road near brownville the condition were good snow was deep with large drifts made the trail a real challeng i dont think no kitty cat would make it up there

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard of it, how were the trails around KI? Which way did you go in? Fun ride isnt it.[/b]
the ki road was really hard packed causeing my sled to run hot i am not sure of the name of the road that takes me to base of the mountain the ride there and up the to the top always provides plenty of excitement

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard of it, how were the trails around KI? Which way did you go in? Fun ride isnt it.[/b]
the ki road was really hard packed causeing my sled to run hot i am not sure of the name of the road that takes me to base of the mountain the ride there and up the to the top always provides plenty of excitement with great view when you get there

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts

:pointlaugh: getting like that everywhere that saw the sleet and rain

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
the ki road was really hard packed causeing my sled to run hot i am not sure of the name of the road that takes me to base of the mountain the ride there and up the to the top always provides plenty of excitement with great view when you get there[/b]
Ive been there a few times. I bet if you tried that right after the last few storms last you would have been stuck in no time. The snow up there gets DEEEEEEP. Its like it all drifts from the other side to the trail. Cool to hear about other people going up in there though. Ill see you up there sometime Im sure. Thanks for the trial report as well, with todays snow KI should be back in good riding order.

·
Registered
427 Posts
we rode all the way to the rock face there was not enough snow to make it to the tower the snow was over balls deep in the woods but lots of throtle rev ep riped up[/b]

Where is White Cap Mountain? what area? having a hard time finding it on a map

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where is White Cap Mountain? what area? having a hard time finding it on a map[/b]
It's between Greenville and Millinocket. I was with him. I had to lead the way. Only had the stock 1.25 Track he had the 1.75 that they finally got out to us. It was awsome ride. We didn't go past the rock face at the top. There was a 3/4 inch layer of ice all over. To take the trail the rest of the way is plain stupid. Need to be able to carve into the hill. If you lose your balance or role, kiss your ass good bye.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's between Greenville and Millinocket. I was with him. I had to lead the way. Only had the stock 1.25 Track he had the 1.75 that they finally got out to us. It was awsome ride. We didn't go past the rock face at the top. There was a 3/4 inch layer of ice all over. To take the trail the rest of the way is plain stupid. Need to be able to carve into the hill. If you lose your balance or role, kiss your ass good bye.[/b]
wow sounds scarey and very risky....on a snow scoot..things are so set up right now out there is not much that cant be climbed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts