Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sledders - has anyone ridden the new Hart - Baldwin trail? (Currently closed - groomer down) Good trails? Positives - negatives? Distance?
Thanks. Ride Safe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rode that loop last saturday and it had many spots with branches and tree limbs laying in the trail. We launched at silver lake where the snow was good and rode to baldwin where the snow was thinner but got better again closer to irons. Alot of the new trail is through private property and it looked like everybody was staying on the trail so kudos to those that have put miles on that new stretch. A little boring when you hit a field and have to do the box around the back end of it but it is what it is. Still like the ability to connect to another trail system farther north...we need more new trails, not trails closing so stay on the trail.

We put on 192 miles for the day silver lake to irons and back

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
you have a cool riding song Sherbs

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
Sherbs Did you notice limbs and debris between Whiskey Creek and Honeymoon loop or between Whiskey creek and Baldwin. I was on it last year and it only went to Whiskey Creek. This year it goes the entire way. Is it mostly farm fields from Crystal valley to Hart. Where does it dump you off in Hart. New trail meets old? Where?

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Any idea why Trail Riders Snowmobile Club out of Baldwin is not updating the trail reports on MSA web site? Last update is almost a year old.

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
Any idea why Trail Riders Snowmobile Club out of Baldwin is not updating the trail reports on MSA web site? Last update is almost a year old.
Good question. Probably just too many places to remember to update. They do a good job on their facebook page and their own website. Seems like normal sites like fishweb, and MSA are dying because everyone seems to have pages on facebook anymore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sherbs Did you notice limbs and debris between Whiskey Creek and Honeymoon loop or between Whiskey creek and Baldwin. I was on it last year and it only went to Whiskey Creek. This year it goes the entire way. Is it mostly farm fields from Crystal valley to Hart. Where does it dump you off in Hart. New trail meets old? Where?
Debris on the trail was between whiskiey creek and baldwin. Some north of CVT also.

First trail sign I remember was once you get past the golf course in Hart and your crossing Oceana drive by the bowling ally. They may have had signage when going around the pentwater river on lever road as you swing east there but I cant remeber for sure.

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
Debris on the trail was between whiskiey creek and baldwin. Some north of CVT also.

First trail sign I remember was once you get past the golf course in Hart and your crossing Oceana drive by the bowling ally. They may have had signage when going around the pentwater river on lever road as you swing east there but I cant remeber for sure.
Makes sense. My Cabin is between Ruby Creek and Baldwin. I will try to pick up a map this weekend and post it. We may get out and try the new portion this weekend. Just depend on how far the rest of the family wants to go. The snow should be real good now. It was thin last weekend.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info -- Baldwin says the new trail is on published maps. I can't find it online yet. Ride Safe. Hopefully the upcoming warm-up doesn't ruin the trails.

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
Was on it Friday. Rode from Honeymoon loop south west of Baldwin to Crystal Valley and back. Nice trail and they must have got groomer fixed because we passed it on way back. Lot of sleds at Crystal Valley Tavern. This trail will be good for business for sure.

If anyone is wondering where to cut off to get gas or go into Ruby Creek let me Know I can give shortest way

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I can’t seem to find a trail map for this route yet? Where does it tie into the Baldwin trail, and can you ride right into Shelby for some food n gas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts