Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday , dropped in at my buddys house just N.E. of Harris at 8:00 am. Three of us took the roads to the St. Croix river crossing at the Co. Rd. O boat landing. No problem. Hopped the 43 trail to Grantsburg , trails not to bad, a few thin spots here and there. Continued on to Danbury, only saw two other sleds the first 50 miles or so until we hit town. Then we hopped on the Gandy Dancer up to the trail to Nickerson (Yellow birch I believe) and it was smooth and fast and deserted , we only saw two small groups of sleds. Trails in Nemadji were nice too, with a little more snow in this area .Took trail from Nickerson to Moose Lake ,still decent trails. On to the Soo Line grade out to Lawler it was also pretty good but you could tell there was a little less snow the further west you went. 145 miles to this point and we were starved so we turned around and stayed at my buddys shack in Kettle River for a total of 160 for the day.
Next day came back home the same exact way and it was a little rougher in some spots but still way do able. Just a little more traffic on Sunday . Total 285 miles so a good start for the year.
We want to do this kind of riding more this year with the price of gas I'd rather leave the truck at home and put my gas in my sled instead. So I hope we get some snow soon because we need a good 4''-8'' in these areas I talked about and they would be mint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts