Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another way to turn gas into noise, without the annoying side effect of making HP

Harley-Davidson launches Milwaukee-Eight engine

August 23, 2016
Harley-Davidson unveiled the all-new Milwaukee-Eight engine, the ninth Big Twin in its history, plus all-new front and rear suspension for its Model Year 2017 Touring motorcycle lineup.

“These are the most powerful, most responsive and most comfortable Touring motorcycles ever offered by Harley-Davidson,” said Scott Miller, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Styling and Product Development Strategy. “You truly have to ride one to feel the difference – so we’re inviting all riders to visit a Harley-Davidson dealer and take a test ride.”
To launch the Milwaukee-Eight 107 and Milwaukee-Eight 114 engines, Harley-Davidson – in a brand first – will take fans where they’ve never gone before: The floor of a Harley-Davidson factory in a virtual tour on Facebook Live to watch the making of its newest Big Twin engine August 23 at 12:30 p.m. CST.
“We’re excited to open our doors to allow the world to see our newest Big Twin engine come to life in our state-of-the-art factory,” said Randy Christianson, General Manager of Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations in Menomonee Falls, Wis. “With an all-new design, the new Milwaukee-Eight engine offers quicker throttle response, more passing power, purer sound, a smoother ride and more of the feeling riders want from a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle.”
Power. Comfort. Control.
2017 Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine

The new Milwaukee-Eight engine is a ground-up design that combines the classic look, sound and feel of Harley-Davidson Big Twin engines with improvements in performance, comfort and control.
Retaining the classic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle, the Milwaukee-Eight engine produces 10 percent more torque and features four-valve cylinder heads that offer 50 percent more intake and exhaust flow capacity than previous year models.
The Milwaukee-Eight engine is counter-balanced to cancel 75 percent of primary vibration at idle, retaining the classic feel of a Harley V-Twin engine while being very smooth at highway speeds. A new heat management strategy improves rider and passenger comfort.
New engine and much more for MY 2017
Along with the Milwaukee-Eight engine unveiling, Harley-Davidson also announced:

• New Touring Suspension: All-new front and rear suspension components enhance the comfort, control and performance of all 2017 Harley-Davidson Touring models. New dual bending valve front suspension technology provides the performance of a racing-style cartridge fork with linear damping characteristics and reduced weight. New emulsion-technology rear shocks offer 15 to 30 percent more pre-load adjustment than previous standard Touring shocks, with a single, hand-adjustable knob to hydraulically dial in pre-load.
  • Screamin’ Eagle Performance: Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle Performance will offer a full selection of street-legal performance components for the Milwaukee-Eight engines, including Screamin’ Eagle Milwaukee-Eight engine Stage kits that deliver up to a 24-percent increase in torque over the stock engine (availability varies by market).
  • Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations: Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) models combine prestige and performance in three limited-edition factory-custom motorcycles for 2017. The CVO Limited and CVO Street Glide models feature the refined performance of the new Twin-Cooled Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine, while the CVO Pro Street Breakout motorcycle is powered by the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B air-cooled V-Twin engine.
  • 2017 Harley-Davidson Street motorcycles are now available with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System with hands-free, proximity-based security fob, each as a factory-installed option.
  • Powerful Cruiser lineup: With the High Output Twin Cam 103 standard for all 2017 Softail models and Dyna models (U.S. models only) except the Street Bob model and the S Series cruisers with the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine, Harley-Davidson continues to offer its most powerful cruisers ever.
“We want all riders to save the date of Sept. 23,” said Dino Bernacchi, director of U.S. Marketing at Harley-Davidson. “That weekend, Harley-Davidson dealers across the country will host open house events so riders can throw a leg over our Model Year 2017 touring motorcycles and feel the difference of the all-new Milwaukee-Eight engine for themselves.”
To experience the transformation of the 2017 Harley-Davidson models now, visit h-d.com/testride to schedule a test ride.
* All comparisons in this communication are drawn between Harley-Davidson 2017 Touring models and 2016 Touring models.
** Not all models are available in all countries. Please contact your local Harley-Davidson dealer for more information.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
lol we built the CMM fixtures for some of the engine parts for these. will be interesting to see what they come to the table with for bikes.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Knowing H-D, the new engine will be in touring and special models to start, and then trickle down to the rest of the lineup. Just like always.

Ooooh, a 4-valve, air cooled twin. How 1990s. A company named Feuling-Rivera made 4-valve cylinder heads for the H-D Evolution engine decades ago.....it'll be interesting to see what these make for power.

I'm pro-Harley, but come up with something truly ground breaking, people. I'll keep my V-Rod, thanks.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Knowing H-D, the new engine will be in touring and special models to start, and then trickle down to the rest of the lineup. Just like always.

Ooooh, a 4-valve, air cooled twin. How 1990s. A company named Feuling-Rivera made 4-valve cylinder heads for the H-D Evolution engine decades ago.....it'll be interesting to see what these make for power.

I'm pro-Harley, but come up with something truly ground breaking, people. I'll keep my V-Rod, thanks.
There's two versions of the head if it matters.

Loved the power of my vrod. That was about all I liked about it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 95 Virago 1100 that just now started to mark it's spot on the garage floor.

Would love a Street or Road Glide in the future. Not much for big HP numbers. If I was, I'd have bought the Vmax back after I hit the deer with it.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I have a 95 Virago 1100 that just now started to mark it's spot on the garage floor.

Would love a Street or Road Glide in the future. Not much for big HP numbers. If I was, I'd have bought the Vmax back after I hit the deer with it.
The one bike I've never rode was a Vmax! Always heard crazy things.

·
AKA Ezra
4,846 Posts
god i cant wait to hear the new obnoxious pipes they will have on those.
worst part is I have been paying attention as of late. most of the butt poppers with the look at me pipes are wearing ear plugs. WTF u want us to listen to that underpowered pile of shit but u cant even stand to listen to the underperformer

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I was out riding this past weekend with a buddy who rides a Ultra Limited. He asked if we could trade bikes for a short 20-mile jaunt. He got off my bike and said "I wouldn't have a license for long if that was my bike". And I just said "yeah, I'm ready to trade back". What a gutless piece of shit. And that's the "Limited" model with liquid cooled heads. Wow, what modern technology. To pass traffic, I knocked the Harley down to 4th and cracked the throttle. It barely accelerated from 65mph. and they say Harley's are torque'y? LMFAO!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
There's two versions of the head if it matters.

Loved the power of my vrod. That was about all I liked about it.
It won't matter. :whistle:

My V-Rod is the VRSCR model, the taller one with mid controls, de-raked frame, and inverted fork. In other words, set up for handling (what a concept). Best bike I've ever owned, best Harley I've ever owned by far. I've ridden a few other V-Rod models but they don't ride and corner near as well, more like a traditional Harley but with a decent engine....

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Right on the heels of agreeing to pay the feds 15 million in fines for violating the federal emissions standards. It's been a great week for them lol.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I have a gen1 they are everything you think and more. TONS of power and the sound its 1 of a kind:bc2:
Good tire selection helps. I can break the rear loose in 3rd if thers any moisture on the ground. I admit once your at full noise in 3rd its hard to not take her up to 120. Absolutely decimates any harleys i ride with.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Our truck driver at work has a new VMAX that has pipes, intake mods, and a tuner. He pulled out of here one day with it and I can honestly say I've never seen a bike accelerate that quickly, ever. It was broad side on dry pavement all the way through first gear and part way through second. Just Nasty!

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Our truck driver at work has a new VMAX that has pipes, intake mods, and a tuner. He pulled out of here one day with it and I can honestly say I've never seen a bike accelerate that quickly, ever. It was broad side on dry pavement all the way through first gear and part way through second. Just Nasty!
Yup they are buck wild:fistpump2:. Can get 200 wheel with just a few mods easy

Even the Gen 1's with V boost are awesome. The sound and pull between 6-8000 rpm is unreal.

·
Registered
39,534 Posts
Those v-max's are one bike that can be distinguished by the sound when causing down a road....there's a guy here with motor and pipe mods...sounds like an old 1/4 mile race car when loafing down the road.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I tried to jump on the Harley bandwagon back around 1983-84 when they introduced the 883 EVO motor...Went to Illinois Harley and took a Sporty for a test ride...LOL...2 hours later I was riding home from Honda House in Elmhurst on a new Gold Wing Aspencade...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts