Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got to thinking last night about the f-5 shoot results and it bothered me so much i decided to do my own testing .
the next time i have the chance and the snow conditions are favorable im doing my own shootout ! ill be using my stalker radar gun in conjunction with the garmin e-trex gps . the radar gun will do "et" times and speeds and to make sure there are no questions ill have the gps on board to back up the speed data. ill also be doing an f-7 as well and just see what the real deal is for my own piece of mind.
heck if we do a hardcore get together ride we can do everyones sled , lol ! anyone interested what the results may be? :wacko:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i would be intereseted to see how much they pick
being broke in ...we now what they run box stock
(amsnow..use it for a guide)Yes Dana post the f5&f7
times and speed when u get a chance to do them!
What are running them at 1/4 same as shoot out?
I know my f7 is pulling a lot better then 95 in the 1/4!

·
Registered
827 Posts
sounds like a good idea,who knows if all the stuff we read from the mags are true, or are they influenced by the manufactures :huh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The potential this site has if becoming increasingly more everyday. Rob I think you might be on to something that could get big. :)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the radar gun i have is a stalker solo sport and it was just calibrated and had the updated software installed in it so i know its accurate . now we just need a place and time ! :p

·
Registered
477 Posts
This is very dependant on track conditions so make sure you have that F7 to reference against with it's numbers at the shootout and add or subtract as needed. I wonder if the F7 was fully warmed up to operating temp and we know how hard that is. Generally the Doo's make better power on cold pipes and short blasts (hence their drag racing success and lack of top end prowess). The Cats don't mind a little heat.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it will be in newhampshire somewhere i know that. now i just need to find a spot to do it. the speed limit is 45 so i dont think that fish and game officers would be to happy, lol. unless i go on a lake and that would freak me out, i hate ice! i was wondering about a private field somewhere and get the permisiion of the land owner or something...........

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man, I wish I could meet you guys out there!! Maybe I will have to organize a midwest HCS shootout! Then I could report the times back to you with some photos and even video! I need one thing to happen though! WE NEED SOME SNOW!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Hey Dana,

Theres a place in Guilford, near the airport (Lilly Pond) there are always guys there "running it". I don't know what the deal is, but I don't think anyone gets bothered for racing there.

·
Registered
245 Posts
COLOR ME REDDY !!

Sleds runnin' AWESOME. I'm sure she'll post a pretty "fair" time :rolleyes:

I think between John's F7 & Mine we should be able to get a baseline. Next time we ride (Prayin for snow by SUNDAY - TRAILs OPEN!!!) Maybe we can start Scopin' out a place. I know of a few fields in the middle of no-where, and I believe that there is no limit on fields and ponds (I could be wrong) So When we get to Colebrook I can point some out.

Cya on the trails..... :wacko: :wacko:

btw -- How 'bout that crazy 'lil kid on the Mini EdgeX120 ... just like DADDY :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by BlackSaber7@Dec 9 2002, 12:48 PM
I believe that there is no limit on fields and ponds (I could be wrong)
I believe that any frozen body of water in NH has like a 45 or 50 MPH limit??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts