Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m retired, 66 years old, and go about my business as if there is no virus going on. Shopping, fishing, hiking, and as soon as we get a nice day, I will do a little ATVing on Tug hill. I guess starting Friday according to Governor Cuomo, I will have to start wearing a mask, while shopping. I have not really been worried about anything except they closed down the golf courses, and I can’t play golf.

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
It’s nice to see that neither the Coronavirus or the new format has shut things down over here. Just a bit different.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
A little quiet over here. Not exactly anywhere near sled season I know. Hope all NY HCS’ers are staying healthy and prosperous. Although not exactly an upstate problem but I’m sure we all know someone or someone’s family member that has been affected by this virus. May the light be getting brighter at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just booked rooms or our vacation...
We were supposed to ride the bikes from Jersey to Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway and back again (9 days) but found out that the BRP is being resurfaced (oil and chips) in sections which will create detours off the Parkway for 30 miles.
We decided to wait until next year for that trip so we are going to Allegheny National Forest and Grand Canyon of Pa. instead.
I spoke with the hotels we will be using and they said eateries are take out and delivery only and housekeeping is minimal (only between guests) so we are good to go...
We have been out on the bikes every weekend and just pack a lunch stopping wherever we find a spot... No issues so far...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
man that sucks, I hope you had insurance on all things, so you get some help that way to correct the damages!
I know I was driving home last night and hit some wild weather here, hail super winds and rain that just wow coming down at an impressive amount like is sheets not drops
sure , made for a fun 120 mile ride

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
man that sucks, I hope you had insurance on all things, so you get some help that way to correct the damages!
I know I was driving home last night and hit some wild weather here, hail super winds and rain that just wow coming down at an impressive amount like is sheets not drops
sure , made for a fun 120 mile ride
Yes everything is insured. Now I have to see what the insurance adjusters come up with. I had damage to my home, garage, two autos, two other structures along with my sled trailer. I’m glad the sleds were not in the trailer.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
After this Memorial Day weekend, and now these 90 degree temps..... i think everyone is about done with this lock down and stay at home order. 🚷

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
We are here at our hotel in Wellsboro Pa. and the area just went from Yellow to Green on Wolf's allowable scale or openings. This is a rest day for us so we walked around town and Hair/Nail salons are open. Restaurants are doing takeout but they are allowed to have outdoor tables available for your use just no table service.
We stopped at a Drive In Dairy Bar on our way yesterday in Jersey Shore, PA and they had their pavilion with picnic tables open.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Who’s riding the bmw GS’s? I’m interested in getting an adventure style bike. I still own a Harley and had multiple 1000cc sport bikes neither of which I care to ride anymore, I like the versatility of the adventure style bikes.
That is my wife with the dark one 750GS and mine is the White 850 Rally in the front. We have has GSs for the last 6 (I think) years starting with a couple 650 Singles (Rotax Engines) then a used 800 for me and newer 650 for Lynn in 2016. We got the 750/850 last year at the end of March and after last weeks 1,000 mile trip we are coming up on 9,000 miles.
I like the way the BMWs have integrated systems and you can get the options you want or add them later plus the aftermarket has loads of accessories available if you do not want to stick with BMW stuff.
We just got home today from our trip to Wellsboro Pa.(Pennsylvania Grand Canyon) and Allegheny National Forest.

I have been riding for over 50 years starting out on a Sears mini bike when I was 8-10. I have a little collection of bikes that I wanted back in the day but could never afford but the BMWs are our every weekend and travel bikes.

This is my Father in Laws 1984 FXRS which I rescued from the barn after stting for 13 years...

My 1980 Husqvarna WR390 which I rescued from being parted out and restored...
IMG_20180114_190616.jpg

My 1986 Montesa Cota 304 Trials bike wich is very rare in the US

Last but not least a 1981 Suzuki GS850G I am currently restoring... I had a 1980 model back in 1981 which I bought as a leftover... My first full on street bike. I always wanted another one so I hunted one down..

81 - 96 of 96 Posts