Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have had all my updates done, but still have a hard time starting it again once it has been running. It only does this when it sits for about 5-10 minutes. If I shut it off and start it right up, it starts on the first pull. If I wait the 5 or so minutes it takes about 3 pulls. If I wait longer, it starts right back up again. Seems very strange and not consistent. I do have Vforce reeds in it, could this be the culprit, as it worked fine prior to installation of these. Other than that no issues. It is a dream to ride!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Mine does the samething i have reeds too, just hold the gas a little and pull she will start then!! If you look at the reeds before you put them in, they dont even come close to sealing! Very sad but they work. If i put reeds (that sealed like V-force)in my 300HP+ 2.5 Merc. Outboard it would not idle or start when hot at all! Reeds need to seal!
Skydog

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine also starts hard when it is hot, I have to give it alittle gas when starting it after it's hot. Oh yeah, mine also has v-3's in it. :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you mention "reeds sealing" are you talking about the reed petals to the cage or the cage assembly to the engine block? Mine seals good at the cage to block area. Didn't check the petal to cage though. At this point I do not want to take them out as they were not fun to put in! Very strange that it only happens if it sits awhile after engine shut down. Like I said if I shut it off and try to start it right away, she fires up on the first pull, or if it sits for 1 hour or so she starts right up. I guess I have to live with this if I want the extra performance. Not sure if any0ne has raced another F7 w/o V3's, but I have and it is definitely quicker and faster.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Reeds to the cage very poor!! You can see big time light! Just will hender starting and ideing.
Skydog

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
My F7 is Bone Stock. If I havn't started it all day...it's 2-3 pulls...and if it's the 2nd day of riding and I am going to start it for the first time...I almost need a winch to get the rope pulled...it sucks...when on the trail...mine is like F700s to the "T"...let it sit a little 2-3 pulls...let it sit a lot...sometimes the first pull...pretty weird. :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts