Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until now, my F7 with 1300 miles would always COLD start on the 3rd or 4th pull at any outside temperature... Now it only acts like it wants to start and dies. Then, will not start unless I hold the throttle wide open. Seems like it must be flooding, but can't figure out why and why now.
Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My F7 did this once at 200 miles.

I pulled my plugs (very tight to reach) and they were quite black and dry. I put new plugs in, held the throttle down all the way and it fired right up. Hasn't done it since and now I'm at 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
after the updates were done on mine it now takes about 4 pulls to start it even when it is warmed up, before updates it almost allways started on the second one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any time your sled inherits a rich condition it will tax the ignition system more. This will make your plugs foul easier and faster, might consider a difference brand of plug.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Kingsnow---Running BR9EYA plugs currently. (Came with the sled) Maybe hotter plugs now after update? Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well after I had my motor rebuilt...and not even 200 miles on my F5...its starting to act like this...it takes forever you start in the mornings...about 10 to 15 pulls everytime...and it really doesnt sound like it wants to run... :( ...what should I look at...to see if I can fix it? :huh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts