Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to work everyday to hear the same old thing from the non-sledders and wanna-be sledders who don't have a sled yet for some reasons( You know- the guys that are always asking questions and you spew out the info to them because your excited that someone else wants to ride). They say "I told you this was going to be the warmest winter in history" or " Hey, How much riding did you get in this weekend" or well you know the drill. I took it pretty well in the beginning but now I'm getting a little pissed :banghead: and I might just have to let go on the next one who says something. Anyone else getting this treatment? How are you handling it. Thanks- Just had to vent alittle- if it wasn't for this site I'd be going nuts right about now! :frech32:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I hear ya all the way. This is the first season I have bought a brand spanking new sled and all I get\got was harassment. We usually get our winter in november here, but now it's january and it's supposed to be -40 but it's 0deg out. We can ride the rivers now and about 20km north there is snow to ride but none of the trails are opened yet and all I got from Nov till now was solid harassment from "friends". Bad harassment too, like "Wow I'm glad I didn't waste 10 grand on a new sled...so how's the winter going for you?" stuff like that. I mean come on! It hurts enough having the worst winter in HISTORY here, I don't need this BS from ppl.

Worst part is I got one friend who always has to be the "bigger-better-my-dick-is-to-small-so-I-compensate" of the group. I bought my sled and all I heard from him after that was about how he's going to by a switchback FST brand new and get all the matching poo gear and beat my ass in races. I'm like, "Ummm, ok, buy anything u want as long as I got another rider to come with". All I heard about was months of how he would beat me in a race (him making the big deal, not me). Jan now and he still has NO SLED and continues to say how he will beat me. I finally snapped and said to him I'm glad you haven't bought that POS yet (no offense to FST owners) because I'd hate to see you drop 15k on a sled and lose to me in a lake race you poser. I am not saying my 700efi would beat an FST, I was just pissed at his constant harassment. He says to me "oh I won't lose you can't beat that sled I know for a fact", even thought he's never even driven one, let alone raced it. Loser. Man I'm sick of harassment from all angles!! :frech32:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I snapped on a guy at my work the other day. He made the comment of, "we used to get snow back in the old days, but now we never get snow. They never even go snow way up north in Rhinelander anymore. Thats why you never see sleds anymore, we never get snow and people cant ride them" (for those who arent familar with WI, Rhinelander is a town in NE Wisconsin)
I snapped on him. I honestly think the dude thought I was gonna whoop his ass. I basically just told him he didnt know what he was talking about and that he needs to stop talking about things he doesnt know about (although there were a few choice "F" works throw in here and there).
Believe me, Ive often asked myself why I dont just sell the sled and get a bike, quad, fast car or boat, but honestly, none of those things compares to a sled, IMO.
Ive owned quads and there are boring, owned a dirtbike and cant afford the maintenance costs, theres too many limits as to what you can do on the road, so a fast car is pointless to me, and I dont like water, so no boat for me, thanks.
What really irritates me are the newscasters. They are soooo happy when its 50 degrees in the winter, but when its in the 20s they piss and moan about it being cold. HELLOOOOOO, its called "winter in Wisconsin". If you dont like cold and snow, move somewhere else.
There was a newscaster on a TV station in Wausau that used to act like that and I guess a bunch of people wrote letters to the station asking if that lady realizes how much local businesses suffer when we dont have cold, snowy winters and the lady quit putting her little editorial spin on the weather forecasts.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I don't know why you would rail on a guy who is speaking the truth,, even I remember when you never had to worry about aleast getting to ride,, last two winters sucked and this one looks even worse,, :frech32: R2R

·
Registered
64 Posts
My cousin thinks he's pretty sweet. There's not much snow around here at all, but when I was back home for xmas I put twice as many miles on as he did cause he's got a kid, and he's lazy. So, he'll phone me up and say,"So how's the snow around there?" and start laughing. And I'll say, "It's weak dude, but there's about 10 ft in the mountains where were going in a couple weeks". And he doesn't really know what to say to that.
keeper

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I don't know why you would rail on a guy who is speaking the truth,, even I remember when you never had to worry about aleast getting to ride,, last two winters sucked and this one looks even worse,, :frech32: R2R[/b]
If you knew the guy you would understand. He thinks he is an expert on everything and he thinks he is never wrong. The one guy was talking about some mods he want to do to his WRX next summer and this dude chimes in, "Yeah, I did a doughnut in my Neon once." Whenever we are talking about quads or sleds or dirtbikes he always tells us these stories of all the big jumps he did on his Honda Trail 50 in the '70s. The dude is a bullshitter and a know-it-all, thats why I snapped. Ive held my tongue for over a year and a half, and Ive had all I can take.
I would just ignore the guy, but he thinks he is everyone's buddy and no matter times we insult him, he never gets the hint that we want him to just go away.
I too love it when someone asks me how I feel about no snow this winter, and I say, "Ive ridden almost 300 miles so far this winter, theres plenty of snow in NE Wisconsin." They just kind give me a blank stare for a second and are like, "really???"
I'll keep my sled. Quads are slow and boring, dirtbikes are too expensive to maintain, boats are boring and theres too many rules on the road that limit how much fun you can have with a sportscar or sportbike. For me, I could never see anything replacing a sled.
If I had to, Id pack up and move to Canada before I gave up on snowmobiling.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
If you knew the guy you would understand. He thinks he is an expert on everything and he thinks he is never wrong. The one guy was talking about some mods he want to do to his WRX next summer and this dude chimes in, "Yeah, I did a doughnut in my Neon once." Whenever we are talking about quads or sleds or dirtbikes he always tells us these stories of all the big jumps he did on his Honda Trail 50 in the '70s. The dude is a bullshitter and a know-it-all, thats why I snapped. Ive held my tongue for over a year and a half, and Ive had all I can take.
I would just ignore the guy, but he thinks he is everyone's buddy and no matter times we insult him, he never gets the hint that we want him to just go away.
I too love it when someone asks me how I feel about no snow this winter, and I say, "Ive ridden almost 300 miles so far this winter, theres plenty of snow in NE Wisconsin." They just kind give me a blank stare for a second and are like, "really???"
I'll keep my sled. Quads are slow and boring, dirtbikes are too expensive to maintain, boats are boring and theres too many rules on the road that limit how much fun you can have with a sportscar or sportbike. For me, I could never see anything replacing a sled.
If I had to, Id pack up and move to northern Wisconsin, the U.P. or Canada before I gave up on snowmobiling.[/b]

:div20: R2R

Advice,,DON'T MOVE TO EASTERN CANADA,, (NO SNOW)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oh yes,
My uncle ALWAYS harass's me on my sled! "polaris is better" No affece polaris people! He told my sisters boyfriend (that was on my dads sled) that I was catching you! Now lets see here! An 800 HO REV and a 600 XC Polaris is catching the 800? No! lol. My sisters boyfriends like uh no you were WAYYYYYY behind me!
UH I guess I wanna race my uncle with my 07 MXZ 550F X and see what happens! Maybe race HIS 550F! Then its always a compition! My mom gets me a dog, his mom gets my cousin a dog. We get a dodge, they get a dodge. We get a woodstove they get a woodstove! Its like WHO CARES LIFES LIFE! UH I need to vent!

·
Registered
663 Posts
This year does suck, but I aint hurtin for money so who gives a shit. I dont let it bother me, although if I had bought a new machine I may be bothered. If it doesnt snow this year, it will snow next, I have other toys to ride in the meen time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There are the harsh realities of being bullied at school but, I'm bigger than the rest so they talk. 'Why the f*** do you spend that much money for 3 months of snow?' it's retarded. There's many more sayings. I got a good come back... 'While you are doing 100km/h on your ATV and you think you're cool, I'm doing over 100mp/h and getting blown away by others.' The only harassment I can take is that from other snowmobilers on what brand is better. People have to f*** off before they get decked... hard!

·
Banned
26,151 Posts
I might just have to let go on the next one who says something. Anyone else getting this treatment? How are you handling it. if it wasn't for this site I'd be going nuts right about now! :frech32:[/b]
My girlfriend gives me that shit all the time and if we dont get some snow soon I may unleash the fury on her. This site is the only thing holding me together.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

Advice,,DON'T MOVE TO EASTERN CANADA,, (NO SNOW)[/b]

Got offered a job onb PEI this summer. I asked how's the snow, they said great - last year there was none. I still live in Ontario, but I put up with no snow comments everywhere, my truck lic is THINKSNO. I need snow to stop the harrassment. :banghead:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts

Advice,,DON'T MOVE TO EASTERN CANADA,, (NO SNOW)[/b]
Im planning to move to NE Wisconsin sometime in the next few years. At least that way I wont have to drive 4 hours just to find ridable snow.
I sold my dirtbike today, so thats one less thing I have to pay off. Now all Ive got is 1 more credit card to pay off, fix some minor flaws with my house, sell my house and is sayonara southern Wisconsin!
I figure now is the time for me to make the move. Im young, single and dont have any kids, so I dont really have much tying me down to this part of the state. :dunno: Ive got some friends who I hang with and my brother and his wife are down here and it would be sad not seeing them as much, but Im not at all happy living in this part of the state and I figure I can either bitch about it or I can do something about it. I choose to do something about it.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Just tell 'em to fuk off.....

Works pretty good. :)

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Got offered a job onb PEI this summer. I asked how's the snow, they said great - last year there was none. I still live in Ontario, but I put up with no snow comments everywhere, my truck lic is THINKSNO. I need snow to stop the harrassment. :banghead:[/b]

Some ones lieing :smilielol: I could cut my grass if I wanted to,,last good winter was 01 IMO, got 4 ft new years day and could still ride till the middle of april,,R2R

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Im planning to move to NE Wisconsin sometime in the next few years. At least that way I wont have to drive 4 hours just to find ridable snow.
I sold my dirtbike today, so thats one less thing I have to pay off. Now all Ive got is 1 more credit card to pay off, fix some minor flaws with my house, sell my house and is sayonara southern Wisconsin!
I figure now is the time for me to make the move. Im young, single and dont have any kids, so I dont really have much tying me down to this part of the state. :dunno: Ive got some friends who I hang with and my brother and his wife are down here and it would be sad not seeing them as much, but Im not at all happy living in this part of the state and I figure I can either bitch about it or I can do something about it. I choose to do something about it.[/b]

Yep ,,that the time to make the changes,,I'm pretty much anchored here ,, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else anyhow,, just wished we had winters like we use to , the ones where they lose the 966 cat loader in snow and 2 weeks off school,, now that was a winter,, :div20: R2R

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I figured now was the time too. Im used to living in the country and with all the FIBs (f-ing Illinois bastards) who all want lakefront property and the small town I live in is starting to look too much like the big city. All the FIBs think they can come up here, raise hell all weekend in their golf carts and ATVs and then go home. Oh, and heaven forbid you say something to them about it. If you do that you are a ******* a-hole! It makes me cringe just thinking I will have to deal with their BS again in about 3 months.
Every year more and more farmland gets subdivided and gets houses built on it. I'll tell ya, its a shame to see all that nice farmland wasted like that and to see all the old forests get cut down.
Im hoping to someday have me a nice house somewhere in NE Wisconsin where I can ride my sled all winter and in the summer sit out by the campfire drinking beer and starting at the stars at night. Id like to have a family someday and believe me, Id much rathar raise them up north teaching them common sense American values not having to deal with the big city BS that we have to put up with down here in southern WI.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.