Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 adrenaline REV 800, not x package...

Right now I have the stock bars that have the tabs for the mobile windshield..

I want to put a riser and bar setup on my sled, what parts do I need. I don't want to extend any cables, just need like 2-3" more rise than what I have w/ the granny bend bars now.

Let me know what set ups you have on the same sled...thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
Rox 2" riser kit!

Comes with 2" pivot riser, bar pad, Powermadd or Acerbis hand guards and Hand guard mounts that use the stock windshild mounts. No need for cable extensions. :div20:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics Revster, that's the kit I'm going to be ordering :div20:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
BRP Makes a X package conversion kit. Includes Steering post and straight bars.................Better than the granny bend. I think it's about $275.00. You will then be able to add and block style riser.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MOUNT A SHORT SHIELD ON THE SLED WHEN U TAKE THE OLD ONE OFF. I HAD A DOO DEALER TELLING ME THAT YOU CAN'T PUT A "X" STYLE AS HE CALLED IT, SHIELD ON AN 05 REV.

·
Registered
694 Posts
hey tbeaton, i see you're fairly new so welcome aboard!! putting an 'x' style windshield on is easy. you just need to drill three holes in the console using the windshield as a template. it attaches with three pushpins, 15 minute job tops. you most likely would want to add some handguards to go with it as well. not as much wind protection but they do look a ton better for what its worth :div20:

p.s. please do not type in all caps. it is a pet peeve in the forum world, thanks!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Just seen in a mag tonight that BRP has a kit like the Rox set up. It didn't say it was the whole steering post kit , just the riser and guards.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
yeah sorry about the caps deal, its just how i type at work. i figured that is all it takes to put that shiled on. i have one more question, which size riser does everyone recommend?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have a 3" power-made and some creative cable rerouting !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by tbeaton@Oct 9 2005, 03:33 PM
yeah sorry about the caps deal, its just how i type at work.  i figured that is all it takes to put that shiled on.  i have one more question, which size riser does everyone recommend?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918066
[/quote]
depends on your height and riding style. i'm 5'9ish and always liked the 3-4 inch riser. i like my bars high enough so that when i'm standing on my sled, i can have my hands on the bars while standing straight without bending my back-jmo

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
okay for the 3" rise, do u need to do anything to your cables? i am also abotu 5 9 and will be using the stock bars with the rise.

·
Registered
281 Posts
u will have to rerout! i will get a pic for u tomorrow of the set up i have. when i get home. now back to :beerchug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts