Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on which riser manufacturer is best? Also, what is the maximum allowed rise without extending cables? Any advice is appreciated.

I've been looking at the Powermadd and Sporttech models so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Any advice on which riser manufacturer is best? Also, what is the maximum allowed rise without extending cables? Any advice is appreciated.

I've been looking at the Powermadd and Sporttech models so far. Thanks.[/b]
I just bought the sportech 3" ABR and it should be here tomorrow and I plan on installing it Saturday.

I did a lot of checking on this and it is safe to say the 3" will work with stock cables.
I am 6-3 and I plan on pushing the bars up and forward.

I guess some of the cables may need to be re-routed. I'll know better saturday.
I plan on taking a bunch of pictures for my website of the installation as well as the 96 studs I am putting in.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just bought the sportech 3" ABR and it should be here tomorrow and I plan on installing it Saturday.

I did a lot of checking on this and it is safe to say the 3" will work with stock cables.
I am 6-3 and I plan on pushing the bars up and forward.

I guess some of the cables may need to be re-routed. I'll know better saturday.
I plan on taking a bunch of pictures for my website of the installation as well as the 96 studs I am putting in.[/b]
i had a 2 inch non-pivot and didnt need to extend or re-route everything. now i hav a powermadd pivot adaptor and a 4 inch pwermadd block and pro-x bars total of almost 6 inches and i needed a longer brake line (powermadd makes these as well) and i re-routed the throttle cable. u can get enough extra room by re-routing the throttle cable and i also heard that if u straighten out the brake line (down by caliper it turns to a pre-bent metal line) u can also make it work. i figured better safe then sorry and bought both extensions used one and sold the other. goodluck (also if u change out brake line be sure to bleed the new line)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I put a 4" Ole's (site sponsor) on my 05 w/ no extensions. I did have to snip a few zip ties but no major re-routes. A five inch could have fit with some harness changes and a bend in the brake line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lucky's04,

Thanks for the input and please let me know how the install goes this weekend. I would like to do the 3" as well, but I'd rather not extend the cables.

By the way, nice web site too!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lucky's04,

Thanks for the input and please let me know how the install goes this weekend. I would like to do the 3" as well, but I'd rather not extend the cables.

By the way, nice web site too![/b]
thanks, going to put it on tomorrow and then take it for a ride. I can't wait.
take a look at the riser. I even polished it a little more.

It is the Sportech 3" ABR

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

It is the Sportech 3" ABR[/b]
to bad we dont hav enough snow here to ride... dam NY weather

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

It is the Sportech 3" ABR[/b]
Thats a dang nice looking setup i have to say. Looks stronger than the separate links (non-continuous bottom bar). I might have to get me one of those!

Only thing i think i would change is to put int some nice grade 8 bolts. Are they stainless steel? That grade crap wouldnt work in my head so G8 would go in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thats a dang nice looking setup i have to say. Looks stronger than the separate links (non-continuous bottom bar). I might have to get me one of those!

Only thing i think i would change is to put int some nice grade 8 bolts. Are they stainless steel? That grade crap wouldnt work in my head so G8 would go in.[/b]
I installed the 3' Sportech ABR riser over the weekend
and what a difference it made.

I am 6'-3" and it is so much more comfortable to ride now.
I can stand up with no problem.

I had no problems with the throttle cable or the brake line reaching.
In fact, I'll bet you could go higher.

I made a page on my website showing the details and how I covered the gap between the stock cover and the cowl.

Take a look, http://www.luckyjdr.com/snow/ABR_riser.html

·
Registered
234 Posts
i got a 3 inch risor block and i love it. i wish i could have gone farther up but i duno if my wires would have reached on my '01. i love my 3 tho i am also 6'3". i got rid of my gap with a shop vac filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed the 3' Sportech ABR riser over the weekend
and what a difference it made.

I am 6'-3" and it is so much more comfortable to ride now.
I can stand up with no problem.

I had no problems with the throttle cable or the brake line reaching.
In fact, I'll bet you could go higher.

I made a page on my website showing the details and how I covered the gap between the stock cover and the cowl.

Take a look, http://www.luckyjdr.com/snow/ABR_riser.html[/b]
Thanks for the info and the pics! I plan on doing this very soon, and I may go for the 3" rather than the 2" now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts