Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the bottom handle bar clamp in half (part #4 in the pic) while racing . Looks like the screw (part #5) just fell out, I couldn't see far enough in the riser to see if the screw head broke inside. Here's a pic...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was loading my F5 onto the trailer when we were leaving for NY and noticed mine had broke also. Mine split right in the middle and the screw backed out and laid on my running board. Called my dealer and he didn't have any in stock so he had to order it for me. Rode all weekend (400+ miles) and luckily I didn't have any problems with it

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lucky my dealer let me replace it from one of the F5s that he hasn't sold yet. Seems if the screws are not all equally tight they will crack in half...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check with you dealer. There is a service bulletin out on replacing the lower handle bar clamps. It's on F-5 & F-7's between a specific serial number range. Or if the lower clamps are silver they are replacing them with a heavier duty black clamp.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Some F7's (I suppose f5's) had thinner (silver or metal looking) handlebar clamps. These are thinner and weaker than the black ones found on previous year Sno-Pro's. The service bullitin will replace the clamps with the same clamps (black/thicker stronger) found on last year's sno-pros.

If you don't have black handlebar clamps, it would be a good idea to go to your dealer and demand that AC replace them with the update. My left one was "broke" and I discovered it when installing the isovibe. The dealer and cat replaced it with the black sno-pro version.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm afraid I might have stipped my steering post from the risers moving back and forth so much. I'm gonna check quickly how much one of those things cost.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's part number 1 on the picture on the first post. The Part number #0705-888, it only goes for $66.95 canadian.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not a good area to be skimping and trying to save weight... Found my left side clamp brokedn and the screws loose...Not a good feeling knowing what could happen if they broke when really beating the thing :( Good thing I noticed it before the ride !!!! later, F7 "Tom" Cat

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I broke both sides now. I will have the black steel ones on as soon as I can pay for them. The key is to tight one side of the clamp first and then the other, not to simultaneously tighten both side at once....

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
kungfutu, you should'nt have to pay for those clamps. There is an update to replace them. Even if your sled dos'nt fall in vin# range--they broke under normal use and warranty should cover replacement. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I meant to say "after I pay for my handlebar riser". My dealer is getting a whole bunch of clamps this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts