Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has handguards on there firecat are they easy to install, what color should i get for an 04 standard F5

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I have them and they look cool, but I don't really know if they help keep the wind off the hands. I guess they probably help a little bit.

Cat S.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Love my Acerbis Gaurds...Got yellow ones for my Team Arctic F7.

I`d go with acerbis again cause of the mounting system ... looks factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
They work great. I rode in -5F weather (with 30mph wind) and was still able to use my real thin SnoX gloves.

·
Registered
962 Posts
SWITTA - Do yours hit?...I didn`t have mine when I only had the 4.5 riser....but there is alot of clearance w/ the 6.5

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got the Acerbis with the Black Diamond mounting system. They look and work good, but they hit my medium height windshield with the 4.5" riser. I got the 5.5" riser and tilted the riser back a little to get it to just slightly rub the windshield on a full left lock of the steering. Will probably buy an iso-vibe and shouldn't have any trouble after that. May try a short winshield too, but have decided yet.

catfish

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love the hand guards and they really do keep the wind off.

I used the Black Diamond mounting system because I thought they looked the best, but I think I'm going to change to an independant system, not one that mounts to the brake. I like my brake lever angled down so it is easy to grab but the hand guard hits my low windsheild in that position so I angled it up higher. Definately not ideal. I have been considering an iso-vibe so I haven't changed yet. They are well worth the money and look great but consider the mounting system carefully before you buy. I f you like your setup different or extreme in any way you will want an independant mount.

·
Registered
962 Posts
With seatwedge, 6.5 riser and handguards the cover just fits.....

She is tight....but thats not bad less flop means less rubbing on the paint.

The handguards just fold back real easy to to make more room.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i got white acerbis handguards on my f-7 green patriot, with a 6 1/2 riser and i cut my windshield down 4 inches they protect my hands pretty well and i wear thin mechanics gloves while riding

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Work good, hands stay real warm.

Acerbis guards and mounts(one from Cat) crappy pic but you can see how they mount

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cat uses the Black Diamond mounts. They look exactly like mine and I talked to the manufacture of the mounting system about a month and a half ago. I agree with Snowman though, an independant mount would give more adjustability for different set-ups.

catfish

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have an independant mounting system that works very well.

I sell them for $24.00 they are made by powermadd.

I also have 4 sets of RED arctic cat Acerbis handguards in stock right now. $55.00

Email me if your interested [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts