Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best handguards for my ZR 6 Cross Country. Want the best fit / bolt-on mounting application without having to modify anything. I like the look of Sportech Handguards in Chrome! I appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have an 02 ZR800 Cross Country and just bought the Black Diamond Acerbis Green Handguards, I have ridden with them twice and can tell a noticeable difference. I did not like the look of the mounting hardware of the sportechs when I looked at them, probably personal preference but I just liked the mounting setup of the Acerbis better. No modifications, about 6 bolts I think, fully adjustable.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i`ve got the acerbis handguards in green, and they bolted in like nothing. only thing is, i wish they would have been a darker shade of green. their floresant green, and the hood is a bit darker.

go to www.snowcross.net that guy can get them for cheaper than any were else i`ve seen, acerbis are $53 free shipping.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I have acerbis and the installation was simple and quick . I agree with greensayitall with the neon green. It does't quite match cats green the way I thought it would.
Jim

·
Registered
745 Posts
on the 02 zr's do the handguards fit with the handlebars at 90 degrees or would i have to ajust them?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the sportech hanguards and they work great. They are meant for the 90 degree bars like yours, mine are on an 01 with the angled bars and they look kinda weird but they work so thats all that matters. They are just angled up a bit from the angle of the bars. Installation was easy and the aluminum mounting stuff feels pretty bulletproof. I think they cover more than the acerbis, not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts