Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left side hand warmer pooched out today so I removed the grip and visually inspected the element. I couldn't see anything that might be wrong with it so I need to test it. Which wires do I need to tap into with the volt meter? There are three, using my immense cranium I figured that the black wire is ground :div20: after that I'm stumped. The other two are green and yellow. I'm assuming that when the switch is on low only the green wire is heating it's attached element, then when it's on medium it's the yellow working and on high both are turned on. Am I correct?? How do you guys test yours when they bomb out?? (which after searching found out they do it quite frequently). I've got a lot of hard riding to do tomorrow and need some input quick.

Appreciate any ideas or answers

Robby A

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whipped out the 'ol ohm meter today and checked it. On of the elements must have a break in it somwhere because it didn't measure anything. So for future guys that have their hand elements bomb out make sure you test it as just a visual check isn't going to cut it, mine LOOKED perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.