Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to put a new heating element on my sled. any tips on getting to old grip off and putting the grip back on without moving the element. thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
The element is sticky "tape, " so it wraps around the bars like a snake. Also, they have electricians tape at both ends to hold it down. I've used the tape like the stock way, it works pretty easily. Use a grip glue (AC and others sell it- it's like super glue). Before the glue sets up, usually a minute or two, you just slide the grip on. Don't be afraid to use the glue generously, but it may try to squirt out the end of the grip where the hole is, so cover your tank and wherever the drips could come out.....
:div20: :banana: :beerchug:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have heard of guys using a little air from a compressor with a gun end. You blow throught the little hole on the end to slid the grip on, but don't use too much pressure or you will wreck the grip. Have any of you other guys heard of this?

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Originally posted by runn'erhard@Oct 19 2005, 07:48 PM
I have heard of guys using a little air from a compressor with a gun end. You blow throught the little hole on the end to slid the grip on, but don't use too much pressure or you will wreck the grip. Have any of you other guys heard of this?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=941606
[/quote]

worked like a charm. very easy to do, and did the same thing to put back on. :div20:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts