Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I seen that some of you have hand guards on your fusions. I was at the dealer today and wanted to order a set of sportech red chrome guards but it looked like they would hit the windshield :dunno: How did yours fit? Did you need a riser block? I have the low chrome windshield. I don't want to lose the handlebar pad if I can help it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by akyou@Sep 18 2005, 01:03 AM
Hey guys. I seen that some of you have hand guards on your fusions. I was at the dealer today and wanted to order a set of sportech red chrome guards but it looked like they would hit the windshield  :dunno:  How did yours fit? Did you need a riser block? I have the low chrome windshield. I don't want to lose the handlebar pad if I can help it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879359
[/quote]
I have PowerMad hand guards and 2" riser block. Hand guards will hit the normal size windshield in most of the handlebar positions without the riser. Infact my guards still contact the windshield in the most agressive handlebar position (but only in maximum left/right steering position).

·
Registered
633 Posts
I put a 2 inch riser on mine and had no problems with the handguards hitting the windshield i used powermadd with the rox extensions they look better than the sportech ones iI had them before and they are flimsey :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i have the powermad also. if u have a 2inch bar riser mine the guards will just touch my racer winshield in the top position. sportech might be kind of hard to mount. i tried them on mine but i think u would have to notch out your handelbar cover because they mount on the inside of the controls. powermad mount right next to the grips. i thinko powermad makes chrome guards too now.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
pics

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by TBPolaris@Sep 18 2005, 01:44 AM
I put a 2 inch riser on mine and had no problems with the handguards hitting the windshield i used powermadd with the rox extensions they look better than the sportech ones iI had them before and they are flimsey :i_need_snow:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879396
[/quote]
I also prefer PowerMadd guards over the Sportech, they just look better. I used universal snowmobile mounting kit which sucked pretty bad, had to grind it to make it fit. With the 2" riser installed my hand guards do not hit the windshield but they "touch" it when the skis are in their maximum left/right position and the steering column is its maximum upwards position (7?). Probably this occurs because those "universal" mounts. How much clearance is there with those Rox mounts? I should probably get Rox mounts myself :dunno:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by DemonSpeed@Sep 17 2005, 07:08 PM
I also prefer PowerMadd guards over the Sportech, they just look better. I used universal snowmobile mounting kit which sucked pretty bad, had to grind it to make it fit. With the 2" riser installed  my hand guards do not hit the windshield but they "touch" it when the skis are in their maximum left/right position and the steering column is its maximum upwards position (7?). Probably this occurs because those "universal" mounts. How much clearance is there with those Rox mounts? I should probably get Rox mounts myself  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879434
[/quote]
i had to grind mine a little tto so it wouldnt pinch the warmer wires.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by yooper8764@Sep 17 2005, 08:31 PM
Was wondering with a 2 inch riser is there any problem with the cables being too short on the fusion.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879562
[/quote]
they were just long enough on my 05 for a 2 inch riser

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to be able to keep my handlebar cover because I mounted my heated sheild plug in it. I guess I could lose it but I like the look of it also. I normally ride in 3-4 position but kick it up to 7 and stand when I'm in the rough stuff :div20: . A 2 inch riser would acually work good for me (I'm 6' 2" 245lbs) I think I'd like to stick with the sportechs only because I want the red chrome.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
:doh:
Originally posted by akyou@Sep 18 2005, 07:45 PM
Does your brake lock still work? It looks really close to the handguard bracket in the pic  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880851
[/quote]
ah no my brake lock doesnt work! :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts