Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I remember seeing a post that said hand guards will hit mid windshield when turning. But can't find it. Here's my question. On a Matyrx VR1 with mid windshield, what hand guards work the best?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys, I remember seeing a post that said hand guards will hit mid windshield when turning. But can't find it. Here's my question. On a Matyrx VR1 with mid windshield, what hand guards work the best?
Consensus is that they’ll only barely hit at full lock and it’s really not an issue; you could always put a slightly taller riser on to help clear it better

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
4” powermadd riser and they will clear. I actually put a stock assault riser on a vr1 last season and the lighted Polaris handgaurds barely touch a full lock on bars.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Has anyone used the PowerMadd Sentinel Handguards with the optional mirrors?
I have them on my Pro-S. Work decent - at least can see lights behind you. I have to shift my shoulders just a bit to get a review shot. I like how they fold in.
Snowmobile Sky Snow Helmet Vehicle
Snowmobile Ice racing Snow Vehicle Helmet

Reactions: tonyvol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PowerMadd Sentinel guard with the Tri mount kit
Does anyone have pictures of the PowerMadd Sentinel with Tri Mount kit on a Matryx? How do you like them? Do they keep your hands warmer on those really cold days? I have handlebar gauntlets for those cold days but they get in the way when riding hard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have them on my Pro-S. Work decent - at least can see lights behind you. I have to shift my shoulders just a bit to get a review shot. I like how they fold in. View attachment 2123167 View attachment 2123168
Kicker806, is your sled using the Tri Mount? Trying to see how they fit. Also. do you see a noticeable difference with the Handguards on those really cold days?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Kicker806, is your sled using the Tri Mount? Trying to see how they fit. Also. do you see a noticeable difference with the Handguards on those really cold days?
Don't think it was called a Tri-Mount. Used these: PowerMadd Sentinel Handguard Mount Kit for Snowmobiles - 34450 Snowmobile | Dennis Kirk
Definately warmer. You'll notice I also have a riser which put my hands just above the windshield. Handguards definately helped. Also, in the pics, the mirrors are not fully extended - they flip up a little higher and outward.

Reactions: tonyvol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Consensus is that they’ll only barely hit at full lock and it’s really not an issue; you could always put a slightly taller riser on to help clear it better
Remi33, is the consensus that the Polaris handguards only barely hit at full lock? I'll be using the stock riser.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,242 Posts
Remi33, is the consensus that the Polaris handguards only barely hit at full lock? I'll be using the stock riser.
There are 2 stock risers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It’s what I’ve been told by many on other forums - I’m trying to decide too, been waiting to see the Gen 3 Rox but yes, they say the stock are no prob at all - hit slightly at full lock only

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,242 Posts
It's on a 22 VR1 850. If I get it. LOL Would there only be one stock riser for that sled?
The 85mm tall riser is on Matryx Switchback Assault 146, MY22 Switchback XC, and the MY22 600 Indy Cross Country 136.

Other flatland Matryx sleds have the shorter 60mm riser.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 650
229 Posts
The aerodynamics on the Matryx are much different and better than on the Axys chasis. My hands always seem to be a problem but between the smart hand warmers and the aero package I never had a issue last winter. If your new to the Matryx you might want try it first before investing in hand guards if being cold is a concern. I used to carry a pair of gauntlets with me and stopped doing that half way through last season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts