Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the earliest anyone has rode in the forest?I'm looking to break in the Apex before the first big trip to Wawa in January. :beer: :banana:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Take her to Scugog and do a whole bunch of lake running. It will be froze by mid Dec.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
bunch of use were out riding in there last yr Dec 4th if I remember correctly, dec 4th or dec 8th, that time of yr only has the main trails rideable but they are usually in decent shape
pm me, and I'll meet ya there for a ride, my cottage is on Little Kennisis so I'm 2 mins to the base camp
Cheers, Kevo :beerchug:

·
Registered
701 Posts
DEC 17 last year most trails were open and tons of snow. That was my first ride of the year and I was impressed with the conditions. I am sure the main trails in there were open a little sooner.

·
Registered
499 Posts
lake scugog mid dec...I 'm there (45 mins away), haliburton forest (2hours+) if there is no snow on blue mountain (1.5 hours) i will make the drive :div20:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
good ol Lake Ski-do-be gone
it gets kinda crazy out there in Port Perry, when you have 20 sleds abreast drag racing, then you have kids drag racing eachother with their mom's honda civics, oh and don't forget all the ice fishermen :augen41:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm two minutes from the bog, which really isn't a lake it is more like a deep field. Cottage is on Haliburton lake, 10 minutes by sled 1/2 hour by truck. Early to mid december saturdays are good enough to get it out of your system until the trails open and there is usually lots of guys on here that arrange to meet.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yep, temp is heading in the wrong direction. It was colder 3 weeks ago than it is now. It should be changing in the next week or two though as December will just be around the corner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:beerchug:
Originally posted by Killer@Nov 8 2005, 12:01 AM
longterm Forcast doesn't show any cold weather at all.  Crossing my fingers...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=989492
[/quote]

:div20: The last two years it was still in the plus on the thermometer till the first week of January. Last weekend the temp in the lake was +10 still. Even if we got 2ft of snow tonight we can"t go to the Forest because of the hunting. Hopefully it won"t be too much longer. :beerchug:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Its now 11 30 in bowmanville and there is still a small amount of snow on the windsheild of the truck

we need more!!!!! :snowfall: :snowfall:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Snowed for the better part of the day in Aurora today... still snow on my roof up in Barrie here right now... it's coming :banana: :banana: :banana: :div20:

Kevo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts