Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Tony basically in stock form and did some minor tuning to F1000 and Dragon 700.
Tony has 400 miles, F1000 has 600 miles and the Dragon 700 has 300 miles.

The biggest issue with the F series sleds is getting the power to the ground. We feel we have that figured out pretty good.
The Dragon is playing with less cc's but yet acts like it belongs, all F7s better be on top of their game when running against a well tuned Dragon.
The F1000 has awesome pull from 75 mph on!
Tony seems to run very very hard for a fat 800.
All in all i think cat and Polaris hit home runs with these sleds!

[attachment=280758:IMGP4501.JPG]
[attachment=280756:IMGP4496.JPG]
[attachment=280762:IMGP4494.JPG]

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So things are working well for the new f's and dragon then cam.[/b]
Yeah Grim, we have had a chance to run these sleds against other strong runners and they do well! There is still lots of learning and tinkering to do but we do know that they are in the hunt with minor changes! The Dragon is a fun sled. Light, great ride and very fast!
Gonna be a fun winter!
:beerchug:

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
Hey Cam - always good to hear some first hand stories coming from you & your crew north of the border. Just curious how your F8 held up to the Dragon? You mentioned yours was "basically" in stock form. Did the Dragon give Tony everything it could handle, or did you pull on him? I can easily see the Dragon dethroning the F7 (stock for stock) in the 700cc class. Just curious how the racing turned out. With the weight advantage I could see the Dragon out of the hole, but I'd think the torque of the F8 would pull you past.

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Did the 1000 have 'em both covered... I hope?! You say you've got getting the power to the ground figured out. Looks like you're not running any studs, so what'd you come up with... ditch the coupler blocks, as has been suggested by a few on here already? Care to share?! And how 'bout a few more details on how each sled compared to each other power-wise? Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i say stock, i am meaning within the guidelines of stock isr rules.

The F1000 came to us lacking in out of the hole performance. When it first arrived, it would be 2-4 lengths behind our sleds (Dragon and F8) in 660 but would then usually catch us and pass us.
Now we have it so that who ever gets out of the hole first usually wins in 660. The F1000 takes over after 75 mph usually.
At first the F8 seem to win more often then not against the Dragon. Then after some tuning the Dragon seemed to have the F8s number. Now the F8 has received some adjustments and wins more often then not.
Having said that, if you dont come out of the hole good, you wont catch the Dragon.
All of these sleds run hard and there is more left on the table yet!!

Roy, we do run rubber only here. We have made lots of suspension changes trying to dial it in just right. Once we get it nailed I will let you know some of the things we did. Block adjustments do help though!
The lakes and drag races are going to be full with different sleds this year as the Dragon 700, F7, Rev 800, F8, F1000 and Mach Z will be battling it out!
Cant wait!

·
Registered
478 Posts
DAMN that Dragon in those pictures looks fast! LOL Seriously though, the 700 Dragon (at least mine) is at it's best in the first 200 ft of the race, after that the higher torque and hp of the F8 and F10 are very difficult to contend with. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Clutch, clutch and clutch some more. OC and TSD, I had a great time on Sat. LOL Let's do it again!
Bull

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DAMN that Dragon in those pictures looks fast! LOL Seriously though, the 700 Dragon (at least mine) is at it's best in the first 200 ft of the race, after that the higher torque and hp of the F8 and F10 are very difficult to contend with. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Clutch, clutch and clutch some more. OC and TSD, I had a great time on Sat. LOL Let's do it again!
Bull[/b]
Can't do it again like that for a couple of days.....gotta let momma "get over it first". I knew i shouuldnt have told her that when I got home! :banghead:
Damn those "lets go for 1" drinks add up fast! lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yep, Betty is much better out of the hole now. 660' races are gonna be decided with quick lights and traction.....holeshot is everything this year considering the current crop of sleds! Still some very quick older iron around as well.

Netley Creek and the Red River are getting rough...looks like "speed/top-end" running is over and its time for acceleration based competitions.

Bull and OC....always a blast racin you guys....

Wifey was happy I got home before Midnight :)

F10 boyz....think traction before you throw too much coin at making them stronger...

PS. where are the pics that I took ? Hopefully they were better than my driving LOL

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Great to hear you guy are getting them dialed. I am freaking salivating looking at your snow. Had two inches this morning and all gone by this aft. Freaking nuts! I am thining of getting a cooler with ice in it to hook up to my cooling system and wheels all around. HA!

Jester

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I can that dragon being a real bugger to catch if it gets out on the 800. MUCH lighter and plenty of power. I'd have to wonder if that might be the best trail sled of 2007....of ALL sleds. Take that freaking 50# dumbell out of the dang F series and I wouldn't be saying that :) I like em raw....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Dragon is a fun fast sled, no doubt, and will surprise alot of bigger cc sleds.
We have lots of snow, and are just now starting to have a chance to tinker with our own sleds. (mine still has stock clutching except for primary spring)
I truly believe that there is lots left in these sleds! :beerchug:

We will continue to tinker and continue to run other sleds. Hopefully we can post some more pics and maybe a few videos.
We will be heading west for some races with the new iron this weekend, there we can see where they stand right now and where we need to improve upon the most.

800 monoblock sounds sweet, just not sure if I am sold on the mono block thing. Could get costly if you wrench the wrong direction!

·
Registered
845 Posts
The Dragon is a fun fast sled, no doubt, and will surprise alot of bigger cc sleds.
We have lots of snow, and are just now starting to have a chance to tinker with our own sleds. (mine still has stock clutching except for primary spring)
I truly believe that there is lots left in these sleds! :beerchug:

We will continue to tinker and continue to run other sleds. Hopefully we can post some more pics and maybe a few videos.
We will be heading west for some races with the new iron this weekend, there we can see where they stand right now and where we need to improve upon the most.

800 monoblock sounds sweet, just not sure if I am sold on the mono block thing. Could get costly if you wrench the wrong direction![/b]
maybe they would like to put a little jingle on the dragon lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
maybe they would like to put a little jingle on the dragon lol[/b]
Jingle Jangle...Whango Tango...Randy, what the fan's really want to know is.....................will we... see you... donning a helmet in this the racin year of 2007 ? :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Jingle Jangle...Whango Tango...Randy, what the fan's really want to know is.....................will we... see you... donning a helmet in this the racin year of 2007 ? :)[/b]
yes i think i am putting a helmet on at madge to many sleds not enough drivers lol are you going to madge

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.