Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new dragon 121 yesterday and took it out today. I took it easy the first 20 miles and I couldn't wait to open it up. It was 30f outside and the runs were 1500 feet on all hard packed. I have premixed the gas for the break in, so it was a rich on oil.
My sled is new out of the box yesterday (stock). I lined up against a stock 04 F7, stock 07 Apex, 04 modded F7 (porting, clutching and pipes, Not sure of what HP),
and a stock 07 M1000. Out of the hole the dragon was the quickest until about the 300 foot mark, then I was neck to neck with the Apex. At approx the 600 foot mark the M1000 was neck to neck. At about the 800 foot mark the Apex and M1000 were slowly pulling away. At the 1500 foot mark the Apex was 2 1/2 lengths ahead and the M1000 was only 2 lengths ahead.
I am 6'5" 250 lbs, I then put my brother in law on. He is 5'10" 140 lbs.
He lined up against the F7, F7 mod, and the Apex. He beat everyone out of the hole, and dominated to the 1500 foot mark. Then apex was 1 1/2 lengths behind and the modded f7 was 4 behind.
This sled rocks!!! and it not even broken in yet.
I can't wait until I run the premix thru the engine and run it after the break in. I can't wait to see if I can beat the Apex and the M1000. Hopefully there will be a few Rev 800's or Mach Z 1000's around.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Picked up my Dragon yesterday, bought it just in time too. It is supposed to snow 6 inches tonight and it is coming down now in big flakes right now. I have 60 miles on it right now and still have premix in it. It definately has some get up and go. It is geared only for 104 mph. My 00 800 XCR was geared for 115, but in overdrive as in .92- 1 clutch ratio it would gps at 124 mph. Let's hope that it can pull into overwind on good conditions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Finally picked mine up on Friday. It was sitting in Roseau on Thursday. We had waited long enough and were heading down (2 1/2 hrs) to pick up my buddy's 06 600 HO he bought new this fall. Just as we were ready to leave, phone rang and my sled was there!

Well, we've done about 50 miles on hardpacked snow and it handles the bumps better than my proX did. The power is immediate and I love the CFI 2 pulls and it is runnin n rumblin. We are taking it easy, no drags yet, just 30 mph rolling and WOT for 5 seconds or so. Amazing how fast it reaches 70-80 mph, easily lifts the skis at 30 to WOT. Keeps both boots nice and warm, not hot. Machine has been about 100-115 degrees in varying conditions of snow and speed. Tried to change the tail light to a LED signal/brake light. DOES NOT work. 2 negative lines and 1 positive. Thought about trying to convert it but will leave it as is.

Hopefully put on another 50-100 miles tomorrow and get it off the premix. Happy trails and safe riding.

G

·
It definately has some get up and go. It is geared only for 104 mph.[/b]
The 1.70(23/39) gear ratio that came stock will get to 115 MPH with a 10 percent overdrive,and if everything is working properly with full shiftout you will acheive a 15 percent overdrive.Good to hear all the good comments on your Dragons guys.I've had my on grass because we've have no snow and does real good for stock set up,had some good ET's through 500'.I'm immpressed with this sled.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The 1.70(23/39) gear ratio that came stock will get to 115 MPH with a 10 percent overdrive,and if everything is working properly with full shiftout you will acheive a 15 percent overdrive.Good to hear all the good comments on your Dragons guys.I've had my on grass because we've have no snow and does real good for stock set up,had some good ET's through 500'.I'm immpressed with this sled.[/b]
The polaris gear charts give jackshaft speed in mph for each gear combination. How do you calculate driveshaft speed for these combinations? The dragon comes stock with the same gearing as the 600 so i'm sure the clutches will be running on overdrive. I'm interested to see how much speed you could pull out of this thing with some taller gears and some clutch work to compensate. The 700 dragon is probably maxe'd out on gearing running on the very top of the drive clutch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Finally got out on my dragon. put 54 miles on her at perkins clearing on sat. just enough snow for the task. I am overly impressed with the motor and the handling! :banana: could only get 97 out of her.....but that was with only 50 miles....didn't want to push my luck. anyone know anyone who would like the seat off of my dragon?? i would like to swap for an '07 regular or switchback seat. I was told that only the '07 seats will fit with the dragon gas tank. can't wait till the motor really loosens up and give her a real run...... :beerchug:

ny-zzr

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up my new dragon 121 yesterday and took it out today. I took it easy the first 20 miles and I couldn't wait to open it up. It was 30f outside and the runs were 1500 feet on all hard packed. I have premixed the gas for the break in, so it was a rich on oil.
My sled is new out of the box yesterday (stock). I lined up against a stock 04 F7, stock 07 Apex, 04 modded F7 (porting, clutching and pipes, Not sure of what HP),
and a stock 07 M1000. Out of the hole the dragon was the quickest until about the 300 foot mark, then I was neck to neck with the Apex. At approx the 600 foot mark the M1000 was neck to neck. At about the 800 foot mark the Apex and M1000 were slowly pulling away. At the 1500 foot mark the Apex was 2 1/2 lengths ahead and the M1000 was only 2 lengths ahead.
I am 6'5" 250 lbs, I then put my brother in law on. He is 5'10" 140 lbs.
He lined up against the F7, F7 mod, and the Apex. He beat everyone out of the hole, and dominated to the 1500 foot mark. Then apex was 1 1/2 lengths behind and the modded f7 was 4 behind.
This sled rocks!!! and it not even broken in yet.
I can't wait until I run the premix thru the engine and run it after the break in. I can't wait to see if I can beat the Apex and the M1000. Hopefully there will be a few Rev 800's or Mach Z 1000's around.[/b]
is your track studed or the other sleds studed???? :beerchug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds good to me. I haven't had mine on the lake yet . Just got it. Were you on hard pack? How about studs? I am going to do mine this weekend and just wanted to know what you have. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts