Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if you have to space out your rear bogie wheels farther to run a Hacksaw track on a 06, or a 04 Firecat. I heard the drive cogs are bigger and the wheels want to run up on the cogs causing damage to both. Is this true? Will I need an aftermarket axle?

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
Does anybody know if you have to space out your rear bogie wheels farther to run a Hacksaw track on a 06, or a 04 Firecat. I heard the drive cogs are bigger and the wheels want to run up on the cogs causing damage to both. Is this true? Will I need an aftermarket axle?[/b]

YES, factory HackSaw's are Diffrent than the aftermarkets. The standard tracks that come on the snowmobile uses narrow drive lugs and when the track is replaced, aftermarket tracks have wider lugs causing the outside rear wheels to try to ride up on the lugs and this will cause damage to the track and wheels.

I went thru the same bullshit last year, you can shim it but the rear bearing is only half on the shaft.

I just ordered this http://www.jtatv.com/axlekit-ripsaw-hacksa...rket-tracks.htm will let you know in a few day haw it fits.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha, thank you! Now i just need to figure out if the Hacksaw that I ordered is a aftermarket, or a factory. I guess Arctic Cat had a whole shit load of these track left over that they sold to various vendors.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Guys'

Can anyone please tell me if I need an axle kit for to run the Hacksaw with an 04 standard with no outside wheels??[/b]

If you have no outside wheels your fine, only a problem if you have wheels.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks Destructo I figured I would be okay - I actually compared the Hacksaw last night to my factory track and noticed that the outside lugs ( where the wheels touch ) is wider on the Hacksaw. I can see why having outside wheels with this track would require some adjustments.

Thanks again

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx Daranello, I recieved my tracks today and they are different, I ordered my axle kit from JT, thanx for the link. I would have never known until damage was done. I think it is bullshit that distributers are selling these tracks to people and saying you need no mods to run them. We just got a fresh 9 inches of snow and now I will have to wait till my axle kit comes to ride it. Hopefully tomorrow!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
Here's what the shaft looks like, half n inch longer with big spacers. This is the only real solution to the problem, and I agree Camoplast should have told us. I damaged my rear wheels and did minor track damage last year because I didn't know and produced lots of heat to a track that didn't need heat!.

J&T Shaft
[attachment=285176:F7_023.jpg]

Fatory Shaft
[attachment=285175:F7_024.jpg]

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey guys, I sold the tracks to JoeWoody, I work for SMART Recreational Parts. He brought this to my attention when he was ordering the tracks. After a little research it seems there is a problem on these newer sleds running the Camoplast tracks.

I want to make it clear, as a dealer, who works directly with my distributors, do all the ordering of tracks, and have spoken to a few people at Camoplast, that this WAS NEVER MENTIONED TO ME. If it was not for Joe and HCS I would have never heard of this problem. This is something that could make my company look like bumbling idiots had I never found out about it.

The thought of some of my customers calling me later in the winter pissed off does not sit well with me. This is something that should have been taken care of with Camoplast, or at least there should have been a dealer notice sent out. Here we are 2.5 years since the 05 sleds with outside wheels were sitting at the dealership, and I had never heard anything about it untill a customer (Joe) mentioned it to me....

I am in the process of trying to get ahold of the right people at Camoplast about this, and if they have a solution. I will keep you guys posted if you would like.?.?

Thanks,

Doug

1 - 20 of 48 Posts