Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 800X and just installed an SLP air horn kit . the instructions say to take out the shelf and horns(All one piece). My air box is empty. quite a few posts i have read say not to... you lose on mid range and only a gain small on top. some say 6 hp gain... which is correct? or am I confusing slp mod with just taking out shelf and horns, please help.

·
Registered
586 Posts
be careful not to lean out the sled by gutting the airbox. Rode with a guy on a mxz and he only made it a few hundred yards before he burned down after he had only taken the foam restriction out of the airbox

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
2002 xc sled dont have the same air box as many of the post you may read. the 2002 sleds have a 1 year only jetting so make sure if some one gives you advice its for a 2002 ! Sorry cant comment any more then this, I have a 2001 and 2003....

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hey I finally registered,listen are you gettin tempa flows cause if you dont you'd better be bringing jets along that we can throw in if it gets to cold.John will throw his gloves in the snow, Craiger will be saying he told you so and Anth and I will be sitting there smoking (as usual) . You know what I'm saying :celebrating:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Was your sled used when you got it, maybe they removed It. My 02 700 had the shelf an horns. They do help to remove the intake noise, other than that they are useless. Imo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts