Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be at Togwotee next week and will have a guide all three days.
When you have a guide do you tip?
I am not sure what to do. You pay for the guide so they are getting paid. Yes if they show you a good time..above and beyond then a tip is in order but I do not think a tip is mandatory. What do you guys/gals think??

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Youre paying for the guide? So your not staying there on the package?? We have always stayed on the package so the guide was "included" but we always tipped to. It varied a bit on the guide(didn't care so much for the guy yr#2) but we tip between 50-65/person for 5 days. Dont know if that is good or bad myself, but we thought it was fair.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We would tip our guide 150-200 each person. We had any where from 4-6 people and that was for 4-5 days of riding. Our guide is one of the best in WY. The only time we road the trails were to get to either brookslake or boxy lodge, spent days not seeing any tracks. Bottom line is the guide makes all the difference.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are doing the witner package. so tipping of $10-$40per day is what you guys did. I was thinking aroung $20 give or take depending on quality. $10 seems low but $40 seems a little hign. Not sure we will have the same guide each day...We have Lefty on Friday, also ridinf Sat and Sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts