Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm will be working in Gt. Barrington this winter and was wondering what the trail system was like and how to contact the local club. Thanks

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
go to sledmass.com there will be a list of all the clubs in mass you ll have have to find the club that does the area you re looking for and there should be some type of contact info

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I think the best rding close to GB would be Bear Twon State Forest. Otherwise follow Rt 23 east to Otis (20 minutes)! Join the Knox Trail Sno-Riders if you head that way!!! www.knoxtrail.com Trails in the area are descent with good snow, rocky with low snow. Most MA trails are narrow compared to NY, VT, ME.

Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here is a few hours worth of riding in Great Barrington/Sheffield, if you must ride there. This was from last season. I would definetly join up with Knoxtrail riders though if you want to be in a good club. I will be doing some riding in the Great Barrington/Sheffield area this season if you want to be shown around a bit. PM me if interested. There are a bunch of guys that ride these trails. There are more trails than this map shows, but currently I can't seem to get my GPS to upload anything to my pc. :beerchug: [attachment=101849:attachment]

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the club hold any rides during the week? I go home on weekends but would enjoy riding in the evening. I have a room near Lake Buel in Monterey. Are there trails nearby or do I need to trailer? If I need to trailer is there a clubhouse or other safe place to leave my rig? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes there are plenty of safe places to park your rig and even ride from. As far as club rides and what not......Shoot catcando a pm and he should take care of any questions you might have. Also, if you are on or near lake buel, I would think that you would have to trailer a short distance. Don't know of any trails around that particular area. Good luck and hope to see you out there this season.

·
Registered
160 Posts
nothin from buel hooks up with GB. I live in the center of GB.....have a huge parking lot.....I ride from my place (along the tracks) then dump off a short distance into a field where I can pretty much go anywhere......I too know most of the trails in that area......although last year a number of trails in sheffield were shut down......

·
Registered
417 Posts
Originally posted by FireREVcat@Nov 2 2005, 04:13 PM
nothin from buel hooks up with GB.  I live in the center of GB.....have a huge parking lot.....I ride from my place (along the tracks) then dump off a short distance into a field where I can pretty much go anywhere......I too know most of the trails in that area......although last year a number of trails in sheffield were shut down......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=975162
[/quote]

I have seen your tracks leading across the funeral home I believe. If so, I would like to let you know that once you get over into the fields down by green river, they are owned by beebe I believe. If I am correct, he does not like sleds at all. Just giving you a heads up if in fact you ever end up in those fields. As far as trails being closed last season, I don't know of any except down in ashly falls. I was part of the sheffield sled club last season and wasn't aware of any closings. At any rate, hope to see ya out there this season. :div20:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes I know he owns that......he hasnt ever had a problem with sleds going to the VFW via his land......you need to pass through it to connect with the golf coarse. When theres enough snow we run the tracks right to that point....however last year I bent the nun on my 03 800x catchin a ski on a tie coupling.....after all the straightening and bracket installing I ran the side of the road to the field your talkin about.....also another guy I know lives right next to the nursing home runs the same path never with out problem.......it was our understanding he didnt mind seeing as he allows sleds to pass to the vfw.....I will have to have the family have a talk with him.....I am a turner from turner farms.....i have met you before...I had a 03 F7SP at the time I think....you were just about to get your rev......I've had 4 revs.....love them.....but I am putting money into a new business as well as saving to put up a home so I am riding old iron this year.......I will see you out. I also am working on a drag to do some grooming down here....lookin for a work horse sled to pull it if you know of anything cheap and needing some work. Gonna smooth out all these back woods trails for us! Where are the snow dusters meeting up now that the pepper mill is closed?

·
Registered
160 Posts
yes a few trails in ashley falls were closed.....and done so in an unsafe manor....wire up and no tape or reflective anything of any kind. There is another route down to cannan and the lanturn but that place is closed now also.....still its fun to go to state line pizza or down to sandisfield if they have more than 6 inches of snow.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have no idea when the snodusters meet, that is even if they do anymore. I got sick of the disorder in that club. I joined up with knoxtrailriders. I think I remember you. Were you the one selling a rev this past year in the paper? All tricked out or something. Anyway, I'll be doing most of my riding up in otis and the surrounding areas this season. If your up there at all, you will see me for sure. Later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yea I had a ticked out 03 800 with every aftermarket part.....crazy sled....shoulda kept it but I sold it for a bike come end of the year. I had 2 so far this season that never saw snow......bought a 03 600x from a friend.....cleaned her up and traded for a 03 440x all trail ready....sold to another friend whos gonna snow cross. Now I am stuck with the old iron.....for now......snows not even here yet though so never say never.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just got off the sled.....started from my parents house in egremont.....about 6 inches of snow there....great conditions for this time of the year! Tho my sled keeps loading up and I think its jetted incorrectly for the aftermarket pipes that are on it.....still managed 8 miles fartin around.......some others have been riding too.....trolly tracks have more than a few signs of sleds already.....tho theres hardly enough snow in the woods yet if you ask me. Great start to the season! :banana:

·
Registered
36 Posts
it ain't loading up now.was jetted weird.152.5/152.5/147.5.i unclogged the pilot jets and installed 150 mains across the bord.seems faster than my buddies srx700.this sucker is FAST!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I figured it had to be jetted wrong. How much faster is it over the stock srx? Its got so many bolt ons and perf upgrades I would have put money on it over thew srx stocker. Good deal man glad you got some snow too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts