Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
"A Cold Thankless, Job"

Story on grooming in today's Syracuse Newspapers:

http://www.syracuse.com/poststandard/stori....xml&coll=1[/b]
Nice post but not true, it says in the article " volunteers". I'm a member of the Sullivan County Trail Association and they pay their groomer operators $15.00 per hour, even though there are volunteers who are willing to do it and have done it in the past. They cater to a few that are money-hungry and feel there time is worth more than everyone else's. Also they won't train any willing volunteers because it might take a few dollars out of their pockets instead of benefitting the whole club. Furthermore, the volunteers that cut & clear the trails can opt to get paid if they desire $ 7.15 per hour. You figure it out, use your own atv, chain saw, gas & can get $ 7.15 or ride around on the clubs snowmobiles pulling a 4x8 drag using the clubs gas and recieve $ 15.00 per hour. No wonder they won't let anybody else do it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you sure that the money is not going tio the club for reimbursment from state parks. This would be the first club I have ever heard of givning operators or any one monies for work done. (except the town of Webb) how can a club aford such. how many hours do they groom? i know in our area many of the operaters spend seven plus hours in those machines. that would be a little over a hundred dollars a day not counting fuel. Corect me if I'm wrong but It seems impossible to pay a groomer driver

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are you sure that the money is not going tio the club for reimbursment from state parks. This would be the first club I have ever heard of givning operators or any one monies for work done. (except the town of Webb) how can a club aford such. how many hours do they groom? i know in our area many of the operaters spend seven plus hours in those machines. that would be a little over a hundred dollars a day not counting fuel. Corect me if I'm wrong but It seems impossible to pay a groomer driver[/b]
They money is NOT going to the club, but rather their wallets. I know, i feel the same way, It's crazy & I want it stopped, but get railroaded every time I speak out against such. I was a volunteer operator last year and failed to make the list of operators this season, only those you opt to get paid are on it. I know this doesn't sound right but believe me this is the way it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts