Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,well we have not had much in the form of snow, this year yet. So the town of Patten (Rockabema Snow Rangers)have not had much to work with,and add insult to injury,have had a buch of break downs,with our tractors.Well good news,now they have two out of three back up and working what we have for snow. That being said,ITS112 connector from town,that cross's rt11 at the Hanger,has now been completed out to the retreat rd. and down club trail 62 that will cross rt11 below Katahdin Lodge,and continues out to ITS81 to Shin Pond,and beyond. So now if we get more snow,our trails will be groomed on a regular basis. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good to know you guys are back up and running. We rode from Sherman tues and 83 South had been done and wasn't too bad. Unfortunately 81N didn't look like it had been touched, so if you guys have been able to get out and smooth that out some that's great. Thanks for the update and all you guys do..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know you guys are back up and running. We rode from Sherman tues and 83 South had been done and wasn't too bad. Unfortunately 81N didn't look like it had been touched, so if you guys have been able to get out and smooth that out some that's great. Thanks for the update and all you guys do..
Was that Tuesday the 21st,if it was than you are correct,they did 81 n out of stacyville to Patten and I think the date was 23 or 24th that Friday,and yes it,the RR bed can get rough,but most of the time it stays flatter than through the woods trails,i guess its because most of us like to rip it on the long wide open bed,and at good speed,big trails never seem to get as rough as tight twisty ones. Last sat.the 25th wife and I did go down to Sherman,and continue on 81s through Benedicta to the turn around,but man in the last 10 years we have had a house up there,we have never seen so much traffic,just crazy.. before we left the field on its81 patten,there was one very large group of around 30 plus sleds,than all day long we met groups of 6-12 sleds ,each group,and we saw many groups.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Was that Tuesday the 21st,if it was than you are correct,they did 81 n out of stacyville to Patten and I think the date was 23 or 24th that Friday,and yes it,the RR bed can get rough,but most of the time it stays flatter than through the woods trails,i guess its because most of us like to rip it on the long wide open bed,and at good speed,big trails never seem to get as rough as tight twisty ones. Last sat.the 25th wife and I did go down to Sherman,and continue on 81s through Benedicta to the turn around,but man in the last 10 years we have had a house up there,we have never seen so much traffic,just crazy.. before we left the field on its81 patten,there was one very large group of around 30 plus sleds,than all day long we met groups of 6-12 sleds ,each group,and we saw many groups.
That's the main reason I only ride on weekdays, way less traffic and risks. We rode 83 south on this past Tues 28th, 83 had been done day before but 81 looked like it hadn't been touched in quite a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the main reason I only ride on weekdays, way less traffic and risks. We rode 83 south on this past Tues 28th, 83 had been done day before but 81 looked like it hadn't been touched in quite a while.
Ya we to like to ride midweek,ok now 81 was done on the 30th so that would have been after you guys were up,only reason I know this,now that I know what date you were there,i TM called me to inform meof there new trail conditions and that was Thursday the 30th around 4pm,Jon the TM said he is training a young man to help w/the grooming,and that RR bed we are speaking of was where he was on,when Jon called me.So today it should still be very good,at least I hope lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi bro,here is the number to call shin pond ask for terry or blain 207-528-2900

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you know if you can get to katahdin lodge from the trail this year?, we had trouble finding a route last year, there were no snowmobile signs where we usually go from the trail.Thanks and thanks for your work on the trails!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if you can get to katahdin lodge from the trail this year?, we had trouble finding a route last year, there were no snowmobile signs where we usually go from the trail.Thanks and thanks for your work on the trails!
Yes it is well signed,you need to take connector 112 behind the hanger,out to the intersection of 112/club trail62,it should be an extension off trail62,i do know we take it toward him so far,than I believe he has a side by side w/tracks that he uses to drag his private trail right to his cabins.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We stayed at Katahdin Lodge. Really great people. Signage was good, I think all new for this year. We found some issues with Signage for other trails that we came across (Bible Point for instance is a disaster) but had some awesome riding. If you stay there ask about the idiots that didnt get back until 3am... Yep that was us haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve been staying there for about 6 yrs. great place, and great deal. We got screwed up trying to get there last year, it’s often confusing when not signed good. Last year we hit closed trails and gave up. Hope to go next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help, Chuck will be happy too!
Hi seadog,have you made it to the lodge this year yet? If so,was the connection off trail 62 to the lodge,did you need to cross rt 11 to get to the lodge? I am just not 100% sure this year where there trail is,that takes you to there front door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts