Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on a dirtbike site I frequent they are discussing how to groom some quad track width trails at the local riding area. At the moment they are talking about just running a quad through enough times so a bike can go through and not be stuck in a rut all the way round. I suggested to rig up some kind of pan or roller to drag off the back of the quad. i suspect they may have some problems with dips and low lying areas drifting in too deep for a quad to get through. this made me suggest an older utiltiy sled like I see some clubs using for grooming. Problem with that is I wonder how manuverable it would be in the tight woods. The trails are about a quad wide but can have some tight 90 degree type turns, tight zig zags and s turns. and how are those sled at slow speed booney bashing. I wonder about burning up belts and sinking in the ungroomed "wilderness". anyone have any suggestions. bikes do best in cold low snow conditions. the deep snow we have been getting tends to shut things down. any suggestions. I told them to get a sled or go skiing ... but they want to ride!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts