Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any word on conditions?

Is the forecast calling for mild weather there too for the rest of the week?[/b]
The groomer does not go out,if they don"t have snow, It has been snowing in La-Tape for three days. They might get snow on saterday or light rain?????????? :fluffy: :fluffy: :beerchug:

·
Registered
45 Posts
LE TAPE MUST BE A PHRASE OR A WORD USED FOR MANY PLACES. I'M STAYING AT ALBURGE LE RELIAS JUST SOUTH OF THE( RED ROOF ) TRUCK STOP ON RT. 175
I WAS LED TO BELIVE THIS WAS ALSO CALLED LE'TAPE. BERNARD IS THIS CORRECT?

·
Registered
39 Posts
LE TAPE MUST BE A PHRASE OR A WORD USED FOR MANY PLACES. I'M STAYING AT ALBURGE LE RELIAS JUST SOUTH OF THE( RED ROOF ) TRUCK STOP ON RT. 175
I WAS LED TO BELIVE THIS WAS ALSO CALLED LE'TAPE. BERNARD IS THIS CORRECT?[/b]
Thats right! there's not much else there. But accomodations are great!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I WAS LED TO BELIVE THIS WAS ALSO CALLED LE'TAPE. BERNARD IS THIS CORRECT?[/b]

ALBURGE LE RELIAS is a hotel north of red Roof, it is in Le'tape

·
Registered
45 Posts
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. WE MUST BE TALKING THE SAME AREA. THE GUY I SPOKE TO LAST NIGHT WHO TOOK MY RESERVATIONS SAID THE INN IS 2 MILES SOUTH OF THE TRUCK STOP. HE ALSO SAID IT WAS ABOUT AN HOUR OUT OF THE CITY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TRAIL 23 IS LIKE NORTH . I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS AREA. AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT TYPE OF TERRAIN IS THE TRAIL. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A LOOP IS POSSIBLE FROM THE INN. IT APPEARS WE WILL HAVE TO GO NORTH ON 23 AND COME BACK ON 23 AT THE END OF THE DAY.

dBLACKS HAVE TOU RIDDEN THIS AREA. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GOOD DAY RIDE OUT OF THE (red roof ) area?

·
Registered
794 Posts
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. WE MUST BE TALKING THE SAME AREA. THE GUY I SPOKE TO LAST NIGHT WHO TOOK MY RESERVATIONS SAID THE INN IS 2 MILES SOUTH OF THE TRUCK STOP. HE ALSO SAID IT WAS ABOUT AN HOUR OUT OF THE CITY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TRAIL 23 IS LIKE NORTH . I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS AREA. AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT TYPE OF TERRAIN IS THE TRAIL. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A LOOP IS POSSIBLE FROM THE INN. IT APPEARS WE WILL HAVE TO GO NORTH ON 23 AND COME BACK ON 23 AT THE END OF THE DAY.

dBLACKS HAVE TOU RIDDEN THIS AREA. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GOOD DAY RIDE OUT OF THE (red roof ) area?[/b]

Truck stop north of the auburge is the truck stop in L'etape itself, Red roof is actually south of there on your way up to the auburge.

From where you are staying you have 23 to st. Raymond, 23 north into Herbertvelle in the sagunay region or 369 south back down to red roof.

·
Registered
39 Posts

dBLACKS HAVE TOU RIDDEN THIS AREA. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A GOOD DAY RIDE OUT OF THE (red roof ) area?[/b]
I have rode there a few times its really nice, But you are right no loop possible right now. Its park running, big and fast. You won't get a ton of mileage but none the less good riding providing the conditons are okay. oh! you should leave from St. raymond if you can.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Is the St Anne River frozen over? It's just North of St Raymond on trail 23? Last year there was 2 feet of water on top of ? that we had to float across.[/b]
Your post is exactly what I was sitting here thinking. In fact I posted an almost identical post last January.

Andy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is the St Anne River frozen over? It's just North of St Raymond on trail 23? Last year there was 2 feet of water on top of ? that we had to float across.[/b]
I've been over that river several times too. Its pretty spooky. I cant believe a club as big as St. Raymond cant build a bridge over it. With the way winters are now, I cant imagine what they're waiting for; its not like were headed back to the winters of the 70's any time soon...

Also, there has got to be a way around this, to get from the Hotel Roquemont, up onto 23 North. If any one knows the way, please chime in. We dont want to plug up that beautiful stream with dead skimmers!! :div20: :no_bashing:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm glad we came up when we did. We are in Lac Beauport and the riding is good if you trailer to the Red roof and ride towards L-Etape. Passed the groomer yesterday. Today we are going to trailer to E-etape and ride towards Lac St. Jean. We were going to change hotels and go up to Sauganey Fri, but may head home if its going to rain. Even with only 2 days of riding, it was worth the 14 hour ride. Of course it would be nice if Lac Beauport would get more snow so we could ride from here. I hate paying $5 per person to park at Red roof restaurant.

Bill</span>

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been over that river several times too. Its pretty spooky. I cant believe a club as big as St. Raymond cant build a bridge over it. With the way winters are now, I cant imagine what they're waiting for; its not like were headed back to the winters of the 70's any time soon...

Also, there has got to be a way around this, to get from the Hotel Roquemont, up onto 23 North. If any one knows the way, please chime in. We dont want to plug up that beautiful stream with dead skimmers!! :div20: :no_bashing:[/b]
There is a way arround that river at St-Raymond. To explain call me; Bernard 819-536-2664.

BEWARE; RAIN ON FRI AND SAT.??????? :banghead:

·
Registered
45 Posts
ULTRA,
I WOULD LIKE TO HERE HOW THE RIDDING ON (TRAIL 23) WAS FROM LE'TAPE TO LAC ST JEAN. I WILL BE STAYING IN LE'TAPE THE 12,13,14. DO YOU THINK THE RAIN WILL MESS THINGS UP A LOT?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Bernard

Thanks for the post about the grooming from St. Raymond to L'etape. We made that trip today and it was great. A 9-10 the whole way. Too bad the rain is coming in the next 2 days. We got in about 210 miles today.

Headin home to wait for more snow.

Bill

75 f/a

It depends on how many days it rains. Just accross Hiway 175 the trail from L'etape to the red roof was shot today. It was good in the morning, but by our return trip, it was snirt and rough. They were grooming, but too many sleds on 63 miles of trail. It is amazing how nice 23 was just accross the highway from the Esso in L'etape.

Have fun if you go.
Bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts