Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, What do other clubs use as a storage box that would mount on the drag? We have a checker plate tool box from the back of a pickup & its shot, Seems to be shook to sh!t every few years. Any one know of a better idea, Plastic?,

2nd, Our new BR 180 has a 180 hp Perkins & it seems to rev to high to me, 1050 rpm at a idle? Seems high to me & will have to call The Shop, Dont want to pay the milage for a service call if its not needed. If it was a simple pump Id turn it down but you need a degree in electronics to work on this new machine.

Thanks Rich

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thats why we dont buy those machines, Anyone can work on a farm tractor. As for the box we run a steel box we bought from our Groomer Sale's place. Just make sure that you pack in the stuf real tight, We try to fill every spot with some thing, so everything has a place, and it dont move.

In Our box we have. Chainsaw, Axe, Mix gas, bar oil, Chains, Ropes, bungee cords, We put that in a Milk Crate, Mortor oil for the groomer, One Hydrolic Oil pail, one Funnel, Wood Blocks, Bumper Jack (JackAll) Tools, We have a wood box inside the big box with Jacket, Miits, Pants, Gloves, First aid kit, propane heater, and i must be missing other stuff lol oh yeah 2 5 Gal Diesel Fuel jerry cans.......

·
Registered
395 Posts
1st, What do other clubs use as a storage box that would mount on the drag? We have a checker plate tool box from the back of a pickup & its shot, Seems to be shook to sh!t every few years. Any one know of a better idea, Plastic?,

2nd, Our new BR 180 has a 180 hp Perkins & it seems to rev to high to me, 1050 rpm at a idle? Seems high to me & will have to call The Shop, Dont want to pay the milage for a service call if its not needed. If it was a simple pump Id turn it down but you need a degree in electronics to work on this new machine.

Thanks Rich[/b]
We use the same box and we have had no problems.

We mount ours at the very back of the drag near the Pan.

[attachment=409148:HPIM0768_1.JPG]

[attachment=409153:DCP_1809.JPG]

You can see the box at the rear.

We are running a BR275 so I will check with one of the guys to see where the idler screw is.

When you back it right down it drops to around 650rpm which is to low, we like to keep it around 800rpm to keep the oil pressure up.

I will let you know tomorrow night.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A steel box with a wood frame work under the mounts might take some of the shock out of it.
As for the BR, the dealer is only 1 hour away & our swamps are tough to pack now without a heavy unit with more ground preasure.

Rich

·
Registered
720 Posts
We at the STP mount all our tool boxes on the pan. They were just installing a new one last night. They tell me that the pan is the area of the least vibration and easiest access witout any tripping hazzards

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is that 1050 on the tach? If so I would check it with one of those hand held guns, I never trust tachs. There should just be an idle adjustment screw on the govenor (SP?) I don't know the spec but I'm sure somebody else will know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We at the STP mount all our tool boxes on the pan. They were just installing a new one last night. They tell me that the pan is the area of the least vibration and easiest access witout any tripping hazzards[/b]

The pan is the plan!! Looks good & dont have to climb into the drag,
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that 1050 on the tach? If so I would check it with one of those hand held guns, I never trust tachs. There should just be an idle adjustment screw on the govenor (SP?) I don't know the spec but I'm sure somebody else will know.[/b]
the machine is in the shed for the nite so we can see more with less snow in the morning, Seems high, Yes on the tach? Should be 750?

·
Registered
247 Posts
This site is saying the engine speed ranges from 1000-1800, that is the 1106 engine right? If it is I would maybe call a dealer, they should give you the idle, just to be sure. Also as I said I would check the RPM with one of those hand held laser tachs if you have one you can get at.

http://www.w-h.co.uk/nes_woma.htm

·
Registered
360 Posts
Would it help too put a rubber mat under the tool box to help reduce some of the vibration?

Are you enjoying the new ride Rich ?

I think I would check with the shop before i reduced the rpms in case they are set that high for a reason

I have never worked on a bombi though

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the forcast we might sit for a day or 2? . The box was mounded high on the center of the drag, The pan idea will work great.
As for the high rev, Its ok when it starts in the morning but wont go low later in the day? Will check with the boys at The Shop monday.
As for the new ride, Its hard to belive what 8 years does in a update, Its just a great unit to operate, But it is new, Thats what we needed & so far so good, No shortage of operaters this year!

Rich

·
Registered
247 Posts
What oil are you running? Do the top RPM's change at all during the day? If everything is the same as last year as for oil, and even hydraulic fluid I would look at the govenor or fuel pump.

Edit: didn't see it's new, I would see what engine oil, and hydraulic fluid is in it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What oil are you running? Do the top RPM's change at all during the day? If everything is the same as last year as for oil, and even hydraulic fluid I would look at the govenor or fuel pump.[/b]

Its a new unit, Only had it out 3 days so far, Its all waranty, But its time and milage, Ill likley page Mike in the morning to make sure on it.

Rich

·
Registered
247 Posts
If the dealership screwed up by putting in summer oils you should be able to complain enough to have them fix there mistake for free, you did just spend a ton of cash there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Rich good to see a new groomer in that area. Hope the weather doesnt get to warm and we can zip over from our cottage to see uand have a few beers at the owls nest. I will give you a call the end of next week to see how the trails faired. U guys still packing trails? Must have been a pile of snow, compared to all last year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts