Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
20 Khaos 850, 21 EVO and 22 Assault 850
386 Posts
Oh ok, thanks for the reply/info. So I guess its optional to shim not required with the rmk damper on matryx spindle depending on how you want the carbide to sit. I just wasn't sure if you should or if it were even possible. Level is good too. So are you all getting shims from Bergstrom or as mentioned before you're getting something from the plumbing section of the hardware store? You'll have to forgive me it's been a long time since I've had to think about any of this.
Bergstrom sent some to me with a purchase of some carbides but have done the same on other sleds with plastic or uhmw . It’s a 1”x 1” x 1/8” piece of UHMW. Counter sink and install a little screw. Place in flush with the back end of the ski rubber and screw it in. Honestly I don’t think you need it on the matryx sleds with the correct ski rubber.
Additionally, If your looking for ski rubbers at the dealer and you can’t remember the part number, it’s the same ski rubber that was on the pro ride rmk sleds and the RMK EVO. It’s definitley not a new part made specific to the matryx.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bergstrom sent some to me with a purchase of some carbides but have done the same on other sleds with plastic or uhmw . It’s a 1”x 1” x 1/8” piece of UHMW. Counter sink and install a little screw. Place in flush with the back end of the ski rubber and screw it in. Honestly I don’t think you need it on the matryx sleds with the correct ski rubber.
Additionally, If your looking for ski rubbers at the dealer and you can’t remember the part number, it’s the same ski rubber that was on the pro ride rmk sleds and the RMK EVO. It’s definitley not a new part made specific to the matryx.
I really appreciate you taking the time to write that, thank you. I'm ordering the skis and bumpers in the morning. I'll be happy as long as the skis are at least level. If not I'll get the shims. I'm sure the suspension could use some attention and I'll start on that as well. Gotta quit bitching about it and just dial that fucking thing in already. I like to ride fast and don't know alot about suspension, that's a bad combination.

Anyway, thanks again for helping me out.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,192 Posts
Do this search and you can see which Polaris dealers have them in stock:

part 5412794

Click on "Check Dealer Stock"

Then click the button for "dealers with availability"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do this search and you can see which Polaris dealers have them in stock:

part 5412794

Click on "Check Dealer Stock"

Then click the button for "dealers with availability"
Thanks but when I click that it just says put of stock online. When I just do a general Google search looks like it's a available all over. I'll ask the place I'll be ordering the grippers from 1st. Might just be easier that way since I'm calling tomorrow morning. Otherwise I'll get them somewhere shouldn't be much of a problem with that since you guys did the leg work and figured out the actual correct part #.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok sorry actually followed your instructions this time excursion and yes I was able to find them at a local dealer near me. Only problem is all of my local dealers are a 60 - 90 minute drive so I'll just have them shipped anyway like the skis. Sorry for not following your info more carefully the first time

·
Premium Member
7,192 Posts
Ok sorry actually followed your instructions this time excursion and yes I was able to find them at a local dealer near me. Only problem is all of my local dealers are a 60 - 90 minute drive so I'll just have them shipped anyway like the skis. Sorry for not following your info more carefully the first time
I have to be fair to everyone on the site, you will only get a C+ for today's homework.

Hang in there, we're all learning.

Do some extra credit to raise your grade :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have to be fair to everyone on the site, you will only get a C+ for today's homework.

Hang in there, we're all learning.

Do some extra credit to raise your grade :)
Lol yeah man I am trying believe me. Don't want to be lazy but sometimes i just want to ride you know? I can wrench but don't always want to and here I am being reminded that it just goes hand in hand. All of it. Time to research, time to wrench, time for trial and error/adjustments and ordering the right stuff. All during a short season even when conditions are great AND while holding down a job and keeping things happy at home while not being independently wealthy. Can that last sentence be any longer?

Anyway this season is almost a wash. If I can get 2 more rides in and get this sled to stop kicking my ass and riding just a little better I'll be thrilled! No reason to have to work so hard to keep up with a couple of older Revs. They are better riders I'll give them that, but not that much better..

·
Registered
21 Indy 650 Launch
116 Posts
Draw backs. Most places stock pro steer carbides. May be tougher to find replacement carbides for grippers in a pinch. This will change as more people are running them.
I just got some gripper skis and was trying to find shapers. They were out of stock everywhere and I was getting frustrated. I was talking on the phone with a parts guy and his supervisor overheard the convo and said that pro steer carbides are a perfect fit on gripper skis. That should hopefully alleviate the carbide issue for some, I believe the pro steer carbides are more readily available?

Just so happens that I have a new set of shapers for pro steer skis. If you all want I can put them on the grippers tonight to verify fitment...

·
Premium Member
7,192 Posts
They have different part numbers from Polaris and the reputable wear rod manufacturers for a reason:

Pro Steer carbides are NOT a perfect fit on Polaris Gripper skis.

·
Registered
21 Indy 650 Launch
116 Posts
They have different part numbers from Polaris and the reputable wear rod manufacturers for a reason:

Pro Steer carbides are NOT a perfect fit on Polaris Gripper skis.
You are correct. I was blatantly lied to unless the guy pounded them in. Sorry for any confusion, should've tried them first!

Close but definitely do not fit

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Indy 650 Launch
116 Posts
Actually more than a little pissed off at them for telling me such bs and at myself for believing it. I even asked if he was sure because its diff part #'s.

They didn't have shapers. They had sno studs and said not to worry sno studs shows same part # for both skis. I didn't check, they're a Polaris parts dealer they would know right? Wrong. I just checked now and diff part #'s, of course. Unreal.

They were nice but damn how can you say something like that? I thought I was good now I have to get something overnight.

Edit* to say that the whole thing came up when I told them I had new shapers for my pro steers at home and it was a shame I couldn't use them on the grippers.

·
Premium Member
7,192 Posts
For the education of us all...

Rectangle Font Asphalt Wood Road surface

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually more than a little pissed off at them for telling me such bs and at myself for believing it. I even asked if he was sure because its diff part #'s.

They didn't have shapers. They had sno studs and said not to worry sno studs shows same part # for both skis. I didn't check, they're a Polaris parts dealer they would know right? Wrong. I just checked now and diff part #'s, of course. Unreal.

They were nice but damn how can you say something like that? I thought I was good now I have to get something overnight.

Edit* to say that the whole thing came up when I told them I had new shapers for my pro steers at home and it was a shame I couldn't use them on the grippers.
Woodys Dooleys DP6-1300 Fit both pro steer an gripper with just a slight modification to the host bar plate. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I put the grippers on my 2021 VR1-137" at the beginning of the season. I put the recommended Polaris rubbers on and the ski does not require shimming. I also put the stud boy 7.5" shaper bars on. Big improvement over the pro steer, I really like them, worth it!

·
Registered
21 Indy 650 Launch
116 Posts
Due to getting the wrong info and not following/checking/realizing the snafu I had to order carbides last minute to be shipped overnight. Leaving for a trip tonight or early tomorrow.

$40 shipping for carbides. Another tough lesson on diligence.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts