Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
What series for the gripper’s with snow studs runners? How wide is the host bar… 1/2” or 5/8”?
Sniper 10" are the most aggressive that Snowstuds makes, they are built of a 3/8" square host bar with 1.25" wear pads front and rear and 10" of 60 degree carbide. Part number SN3210 for the Gripper ski.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
269 Posts
Installed the Grippers yesterday with the 5412794 snubbers. Fit perfectly and the front sits slightly higher with no shims.
FYI, as per dealer inventory search I bought the second last pair of snubbers in Ont and Polaris shows b.o. until mid Jan…
This should turn…
Automotive tire Hood Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt

Interesting to compare the Prosteer beside the Grippers. PS have an edge profile and the center keel is contoured at the front, but the Gripper keel runs virtually the entire length of the ski.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Installed the Grippers yesterday with the 5412794 snubbers. Fit perfectly and the front sits slightly higher with no shims.
FYI, as per dealer inventory search I bought the second last pair of snubbers in Ont and Polaris shows b.o. until mid Jan…
This should turn…

Interesting to compare the Prosteer beside the Grippers. PS have an edge profile and the center keel is contoured at the front, but the Gripper keel runs virtually the entire length of the ski.

I picked up a set at my local dealer last week...but didn't get around to installing yet. Glad to hear they fit. BTW my dealer had 14 "5412794" in stock as of last week.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This should turn…
View attachment 2124188

The snubber from the Prosteer ski doesn't fit? I ordered the grippers for my XCR as part of the snowcheck so the sled will come with the Prosteer ski's on it and the dealer will give me the grippers so I assume all I will get is the gripper ski's and no new snubbers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The snubber from the Prosteer ski doesn't fit? I ordered the grippers for my XCR as part of the snowcheck so the sled will come with the Prosteer ski's on it and the dealer will give me the grippers so I assume all I will get is the gripper ski's and no new snubbers.
yeah. If your dealer is informed they would have the correct snubbers there for you. But if they don’t know any better they will probably just have the skis and you will have to order the correct snubbers

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
I have a new set of the Polaris Ultimate Ski Rubber Dampeners for sale. They were mentioned in the first post by pockets in this thread. $45 shipped.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
yeah. If your dealer is informed they would have the correct snubbers there for you. But if they don’t know any better they will probably just have the skis and you will have to order the correct snubbers
Thanks, I'll mention it to the dealer next time I talk to him and see what he says.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am going to try these in my grippers this season. Rmk bumpers on top. View attachment 2122362 They sit in ski and bumpers go on top. Kinda pricey but I figured I’d give them a try.
Are these available to buy somewhere?

I have 2019 assault with grippers. Bought Durapros but not using them because they are way too loose.

Currently using Polaris 5412794 rubbers, but think the Durapros would be better with those saddle shims in your picture.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Are these available to buy somewhere?

I have 2019 assault with grippers. Bought Durapros but not using them because they are way too loose.

Currently using Polaris 5412794 rubbers, but think the Durapros would be better with those saddle shims in your picture.

Thanks.
Yeah I can look them up tomorrow. I am a dealer and get them through was. A little pricey but if they work it maybe worth it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Has anyone had any issues reusing the bolt from their pro-steers on the gripper skis? I have one gripper that barely lets the bolt enter the first bushing, very tight. I don't want to force it and end up with it stuck.

There's not a different bolt part # right?

·
Registered
20 Khaos 850, 21 EVO and 22 Assault 850
386 Posts
Has anyone had any issues reusing the bolt from their pro-steers on the gripper skis? I have one gripper that barely lets the bolt enter the first bushing, very tight. I don't want to force it and end up with it stuck.

There's not a different bolt part # right?
Nope. Mine was a little snug but put a ratchet on it gave it a few turns and went right through

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok so if I order the snubbers mentioned above and order any new gripper skis on line I will definitely not need any shims or anything else except for new skags correct? I'm thinking of doing 6" shapers with the gripper ski on my 129" no studs (yet) good/bad experiences with those anyone?

On a side note it's a bit of a letdown. Should've done the research first but I really thought for at least my first season back to riding that if I got the used MY21 Indy 650 that I would just be able to ride and enjoy it for at least one season. And here we are and after finally getting out on that thing I have to change skis because the PS are just awful. Any loose snow and its just a joke.

Love the motor though! Need to do the skis however no way around it. And will also need to start figuring out this suspension setup. It's funny but the rental axys 600sp that I rented last year which led me back to all this handled like a dream! Even with the base non rebuild shocks and crappy skis. Wish i could have dropped my motor in that sled. I'm sure it's a setup issue just gotta put in the time and do the work. Ok done ranting.. great forum. Good to be back after a 14 year break.

·
Registered
20 Khaos 850, 21 EVO and 22 Assault 850
386 Posts
Ok so if I order the snubbers mentioned above and order any new gripper skis on line I will definitely not need any shims or anything else except for new skags correct? I'm thinking of doing 6" shapers with the gripper ski on my 129" no studs (yet) good/bad experiences with those anyone?

On a side note it's a bit of a letdown. Should've done the research first but I really thought for at least my first season back to riding that if I got the used MY21 Indy 650 that I would just be able to ride and enjoy it for at least one season. And here we are and after finally getting out on that thing I have to change skis because the PS are just awful. Any loose snow and its just a joke.

Love the motor though! Need to do the skis however no way around it. And will also need to start figuring out this suspension setup. It's funny but the rental axys 600sp that I rented last year which led me back to all this handled like a dream! Even with the base non rebuild shocks and crappy skis. Wish i could have dropped my motor in that sled. I'm sure it's a setup issue just gotta put in the time and do the work. Ok done ranting.. great forum. Good to be back after a 14 year break.
No. You will not need to shim if you use the ski dampers mentioned in this thread.
I did shim mine for the hell of it and I find that the carbide is tail down rather than level. So needless to say they came out of there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No. You will not need to shim if you use the ski dampers mentioned in this thread.
I did shim mine for the hell of it and I find that the carbide is tail down rather than level. So needless to say they came out of there.
Oh ok, thanks for the reply/info. So I guess its optional to shim not required with the rmk damper on matryx spindle depending on how you want the carbide to sit. I just wasn't sure if you should or if it were even possible. Level is good too. So are you all getting shims from Bergstrom or as mentioned before you're getting something from the plumbing section of the hardware store? You'll have to forgive me it's been a long time since I've had to think about any of this.

·
Registered
22 VR1 850 129 and Mxz 600 etec
269 Posts
So I’ve put some miles on my Vr1 and it’s awesome with the grippers. My buddy has a 22 xcr with stock Prosteers and Shaper bars and it handles fantastic too. The Matryx platform is much better than the Axys in stock form. That’s been my experience. I bought the Grippers based on how poorly my Axys xc cornered (too loose). Matryx is a way better platform.
Make sure your rear skid sag is about 3-4 inches when you sit on it. Loosen up the front track spring for more ski pressure and turn the front ski springs couple turns tighter if needed. Goal is to get the front A arms level when you’re sitting on it. Use a carpenters level if you can. These Matryx sleds handle fantastic when set up!!

61 - 80 of 103 Posts