Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Snow studs
Some people have had issues putting Gripper skis on their Matryx sled due to the lowered mounting bolt location in the Matryx spindle. Durapro rubbers do not fit properly, and the ones from the pro steer skis have to be cut narrower to fit the Gripper saddle. They do not however put enough pressure on the tail of the ski for best carbide to snow contact.

I installed Gripper skis on my 650 VR1 137, and used rubbers from Source Innovations here in Canada. They fit perfectly, and give the proper heel/tail pressure as well as holding the ski tip up. The thickness of the rubber from where the bottom of the spindle contacts to where the rubber contacts the saddle is the same thickness (actually slightly thicker), and they are wider for better ski saddle to spindle support. I did fit them with 1/4" shims from Bergstrom Skegs, but that reduced ski movement too much IMO. I removed the shims and will monitor if the tail pressure changes. It is easy to check by lifting the front of the sled off the ground and look at the natural position the ski wants to sit at, as well as how easily the ski pivots.

View attachment 2118097 View attachment 2118098 View attachment 2118099 View attachment 2118100
Fat end goes to the back? More difficult than stock to reinstall ski?

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Fat end goes to the back? More difficult than stock to reinstall ski?
They fit marginally tighter than the factory one. Not a problem to install whatsoever. Tall side to the rear.
I believe they are the same rubbers as these are, but have not had them in my hands to confirm.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
They fit marginally tighter than the factory one. Not a problem to install whatsoever. Tall side to the rear.
I believe they are the same rubbers as these are, but have not had them in my hands to confirm.

Cheaper to get from Canada with exchange rate. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
422 Posts
You are paying for both the pro steers and grippers just to let you know. May want to clear this up with dealer, who gets to keep pro steers.

I know, when I added them to the order they didn't add much to the overall price so maybe they gave me a deal or deducted the pro steers off. I still have a new set of pro steers gathering dust in the garage from my 19, don't need another.

·
Registered
2012 Polaris Assault 800
1,244 Posts
I checked on the Source Innovation rubbers.......well to have them shipped from Canada to the US is more than the part......not worth it. $85.73 CAD is $65.82 USD

·
Registered
450 Posts
Interesting that in the Polaris parts breakdown that they show the Gripper ski being used on the 22 XCR's and with the RMK Rubber Ski Stops, that may clear up which rubbers people need to order?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In some of the XCR videos on line I seen they had the grippers on the sled. And, to note, they are standard on the international version.

·
Registered
450 Posts
We all know there are mistakes made when these parts breakdowns are put out, I was just pointing it out for the fun of it since that is really what I plan on doing anyways with the grippers, also just ordered my SnowStuds 10" Sniper runners on Saturday at Wide Open Wisconsin.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts