Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running anything but the AC grip plates. If so, please give www. or phone number. Want to purchase soon.

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Jay,
I was thinking of this as well. Where does a person get a flaring tool like that. If I can't find one, I'm just going to rivet the runners. Rivet from the bottom so the traction is on the top. This flaring, is way more professional though. Help me out if you can!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Doze00F7,

If you follow the link in my post above, there is a link to the place that sells the flaring tool. My brother ordered one last week and we will be doing our F7's in a couple of weeks. Once its done I will get some pics posted.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thanks Jay
I guess I should have paid more attention to the post! Debating on whether to order it now!

·
Registered
200 Posts
That flaring tool is the bomb. It's $30 for the flaring tool and $10 for a unibit. You can then add running board traction to any sled you ever own. That's a lot better deal than buying grip plates. Plus, you aren't bolting (or riveting) something else on your sled that adds weight.

I thought it was kind of dumb that we had to add running board edge grips over the coolers, when they could have just machined traction into the extrusion ribs like Polaris does. Oh well, I guess they have to think of ways to get us to buy stuff out of the accessory catalog.

:unsure:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone tried Snogrips. I see alot of the readers in the Snowest forum mentioning these and Snotech ranting about them. Also wondering how they are modified to work around the brace on the Snopro's and the Firecat's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts