Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greg I adjusted my oil pump to the point where it just hits the stopper at full throttle, I did not bottom out the threads on the adjustment as the bulletin said to do, as I think on my sled this would cause excessive oil consumption. Is there a midrange issue I may be overlooking? And my other concern with to much oil usage especially at partial throttle usage would be a coolant overheating issue. Note for those who don't know, oil has more BTU's than gasoline and to much oil will cause overheating.

·
Registered
47 Posts
skullcat.
At 6000-7000 RPM range, you fuel/oil ratio would hopefully be 60-70:1. If you can get any test for ratio in that area, that should give you a good idea were your at.

·
Registered
369 Posts
GLS: We had an F7 go down early this year after 200 miles. The CPU was sent in and adjusted. Now after about 700 miles we have had the oil pump adjustment done (WOT=mark line up). We were in the UP of MI this past weekend. Air temp was 0 to -5F and the sled kept "bogging" down when riding around 6500rpm. This was even more noticable if riden for long periods of time at 6-7000 and then WOT was hit. The sled would hesitate VERY badly.

Is there now a RICH condition in the midrange? Is it temperature related (new fuel map=rich midrange at low air temps). What can it be? Our dealer is at the show and we were trying to get another ride in the weekend but it just doesn't seem right. HELP

·
Registered
190 Posts
Busted,She is going down again!That is exactly what mine did just before she burned.Cat has got a problem on their hands let me tell u!I for one will not rest on this issue.I have been riding cats for twenty five years! Better make it right cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts