Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if AC make a tube of Touch Up paint of the Green? If not, do you know where you can get some, or if the old Mopar green will work?

Seems like if you brush against a corner, it will ruub the paint off!

·
Administrator
20,815 Posts
I don't have my catalog with me, but I know it's in there. Either give your dealer a call, or you can look on AC's website to find the info on the paint.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nick,

Check with Dan, he said there is a spray available. There is a thread in the Outdoor Shop Forum.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I will try and call Dan. I have no scratches yet, but I can see it happening. :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had ordered a can of the green touch up paint in September of this year. This is a 12oz. can. Part #0652-067. Cost was a little pricecy at $16.95 a can. Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by Nick@Dec 23 2002, 09:43 AM
Do you know if they sell little tubes like car touch up?
Yes they do, FINGERNAIL POLISH, purchased some green last year. I touched up a couple rock chips last week, works very well. They make a multitude of colors in this stuff, just shop around until you find one to match...

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you tell me the exact one that you have? That would be great!

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would like to see the look on the cashiers face when you go to pay for a tube of green nail polish.

Then try to explain that, "Oh... It is for my snowmoblie" :p

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe I could prove it to her and give her a ride on it and then after the sled, she could ride my .....? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Just have your wife or girlfriend pick it up, women are usually better at matching colors than men.
The brand that I have is "Jordana", no color or part no. My wife picked up at a dollor store.....

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Dec 23 2002, 10:30 AM
ok...I am getting really uncomfortable with all this nail polish talk ;) No one uses pantyhose for warmth on the trails I hope :lol:
Yes they do,
Yamaha relized they were off on dry weights, so they now offer a "light weight kit". This kit includes a pair of blue nylons, they could not figure out to make the sled lighter so they targeted the rider....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Nick,

The t/u paint(spray) that BFC mentioned works well. You simply spray a small amount out of the can onto a piece of cardboard and use a match end to "dab" your paint on to the small areas that are in need of touching up. That is what I purchaseand I am very happy with it. It will last a lifetime if used this way.... :D
-John

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe you guts already know this but I've got a green Team Arctis and have had an all green belly pan before and the exhaust residue is a bear to clean--I have found something that works really good it's Sled Brite Snowmobile Cleaner. It's for the belly pan and will get it green again with little to no rubbing cleans belt dust and I also spray it on my engine and it cleans that great to, it's the best thing I've found to date.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts