Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so a lot of people have recieved their new sleds (600ho & 900), is anyone out there taking part in local grass drags? If so, how are the 06's matching up against the competition or even how do they compare with the 05 polaris's ? :beerchug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
Brian Talty won stock 600 class with his '06 Fuse at Greenville, MI (Nelson's sno motion) a week ago. And if I remember right he won IMP 600 with a different '06 Fuse also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
They should be posted within a couple weeks at www.psgdra.com

The only results up so far are for the first race at Martin. Talty was there with both sleds but obviously didn't have them dialed in yet. Big improvement in ET's from Martin to Nelson's (can't remember exact numbers but I was focusing on how they were running). So he never made it to the final's with either sled at the first Martin race. I'd expect him to run well at Hayday's this weekend from what I saw at Nelson's.
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
One of Brians guys said the Improver beat Marchbank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,518 Posts
I think the 600 HO is going to be a huge success for Polaris. I think it will win sled of the year. Just what Polaris needs after a no so good 2005 year. :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Xtreme, what sleds made it to the final @ Nelson's along with the 600ho ? Also just curious as to the margin of victory..........thanks....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by XtremeXC@Sep 7 2005, 08:48 PM
They should be posted within a couple weeks at www.psgdra.com

The only results up so far are for the first race at Martin. Talty was there with both sleds but obviously didn't have them dialed in yet. Big improvement in ET's from Martin to Nelson's (can't remember exact numbers but I was focusing on how they were running). So he never made it to the final's with either sled at the first Martin race. I'd expect him to run well at Hayday's this weekend from what I saw at Nelson's.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864954
[/quote]
I was reading the results from the martin race in snoweek. Seen Talty only placed in class, the 440 class he took 2nd. Like you said hopefully he has them dialed in.

Originally posted by shortstop20@Sep 7 2005, 10:12 PM
I think the 600 HO is going to be a huge success for Polaris.  I think it will win sled of the year.  Just what Polaris needs after a no so good 2005 year.  :doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=865136
[/quote]
I think the 600 ho is going to be a great sled. It's going to have it's hands full with yami's apex for sled of the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,876 Posts
racerdave, yes he did beat Craig, I'm not sure that he even made it to finals that day. It was a 2 day event, I think Talty took 2nd on Saturday, but he did win on Sunday (I was only there Saturday).

Originally posted by prose@Sep 8 2005, 06:10 AM
Xtreme, what sleds made it to the final @ Nelson's along with the 600ho ? Also just curious as to the margin of victory..........thanks....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=865328
[/quote]

I wasn't there on Sunday, only Saturday (Talty won the class on Sunday). 2nd place in IMP 600 class was a '96 Ski Doo 600 ran by Todd Guthrie with Dyna Tek Racing (a good buddy of mine, was there helping him on Saturday). I'd have to ask again to be sure but I think Todd said he had a better ET than Talty but he lost to due to a slower RT. I don't know what sleds were in the finals in Stock 600. On saturday there was a Apex and F6 if I remember right. I was trying to keep watch on that class but was running back in forth in the pit area at the same time.

Will be curious to see the Hayday's results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Great news! Glad to see Brian is kicking some butt in the grass! :div20:

I have bought my sleds and parts from him for many years now. In fact, my current sled used to belong to Brian's brother, Scott. Great people to deal with!!

Way to go, Brian!! :div20: :luxhello:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link XtremeXc................grass racing used to be popular up here in Atlantic Canada,but it is basically non-existent now, except for mabe 1 or 2 a year, so it's nice to get updated by others accross the continent..........I plan on goin to Hay Days next fall to catch some of the action............
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top