Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get info on these races has been a lil tough to say the least. The organziers for P la P are hunting in the sticks so we wont see them till they do tech at the Woodlands grass drags on Saturday Oct 8th!!

What I have heard so far is that they are keeping it simple in Woodlands with stock and mod classes only. You run traction products, you run mod class!
The track has been moved over x number of yards from the location of last year to avoid the rocks.

If you can add anymore info please do so.
:smiley-faces7: :banana:
Portage is a go, one week after Woodlands.

SO, whos gonna be there for those events??

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was thinking of giving it a try at woodlands but was advised against it, probably because they did exceptionally poorly. So I guess I'll just read about it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, for Woodlands, I think you go north on highway 6 past Warren. The races were just off the highway, kitty corner to Studdards Gas Station (Shell I think). Apparently, sounds like a few yards further than that now.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Ya but like this week-end?...next week-end or what?...What date are the portage drags too...and are those 110% confirmed?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I just talked with Bob the organizer of Woodlands.

The races are too start at 12 noon with registration between 9 thru 11am.
There will be a 500ft track with 4 lanes.
There will be tech.
The classes as of now are:
Stock, rubber only
Improved stock, for the guys with traction products
Prostock, for chasis mods and other minor improvements
Mod, for the guys with engine mods etc.

If you are unsure of what class you will fall in, get there early and the guys can direct you to the proper class.

The races are the same location as last year, just north of Woodlands right next to Hwy # 6

PORTAGE IS SATURDAY OCT 15TH

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can contact bill at Avenue Polaris in Portage la Prairie tomorrow. He is the goto guy for the Portage races.

If I get some info, I will post it! :div20:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PORTAGE IS SATURDAY OCT 15TH[/b]
The races are just west of Southport.
If coming from Winnipeg turn left at the Jct of 1 and 13. Go about 2 miles till you see the turn off for hwy 331 (at the town of Oakville), turn right. Follow this till you hit a stop sign. From the stop sign go straight (left is Southport and Right is Portage). Go about a half mile and to your left you will see some big cement potatoe sheds, turn left and follow the traffic or signs.

Anymore questions, let me know.

Kam

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Originally posted by Oh Canada@Oct 12 2005, 10:43 AM
The races are just west of Southport.
If coming from Winnipeg turn left at the Jct of 1 and 13.  Go about 2 miles till you see the turn off for hwy 331 (at the town of Oakville), turn right.  Follow this till you hit a stop sign.  From the stop sign go straight (left is Southport and Right is Portage).  Go about a half mile and to your left you will see some big cement potatoe sheds, turn left and follow the traffic or signs. 

Anymore questions, let me know.

Kam
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=924227
[/quote]

I'm headin out from Brandon...where do I turn? of #1...if you know?...I see the Southport sign all the time when i'm comming to the city but never been down that way...

So who's all going? Rob7473?, Rotaz? ...I wouldn't mind to meet you guys ....lol..oh and you too Kam

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To get to the drags from the west..... Take Portage bypass (hwy #1), turn south on "Southport" overpass, over bridge, next right, first left to Verwey potatoe sheds.

Register 9:00 - 11:00, 12:00 racing starts
Or if you like, come early and help me tune my sled! :luxhello:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Turn right at Southport turn off from #1 highway. Follow for about 1/4 mile. You should see some home made signs. Turn right & after about another mile you should see lotsa trucks; trailers & large steel storage sheds...I mean huge!!!!! Interested in a 01 700 SRX with 660 km,s? Got one very reasonable!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Come one - Come all!!
Whoever is coming from HCS, come on over to our trailer. Lets have a bit of a meet and greet from HCS. Anyone want to suggest a time that doesnt interfere with the racing too much??
Come on people, lets put the "Friendly" back into Manitoba!!

As far as I know 4muladlx, the following hcs'ers will be there:
Prairie Boy
Snoxer
Sleder6
WFO
VES/700
Rotaz
Tracksidedown
Rob7374
Lurch
Bulldogger
OH Canada
4mula
11c
Energeezer
TWRacer
My Evil Twin
Easylord
Renegade05
????????

Anyone else to add to the list?

Kurt, how about you, you going to be there?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts