Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow is starting to melt... This summer I am thinking about grass dragging my F7. Has anyone have any experience hooking up a cool down cart? With all these coolant air bubble problems, where is the best place to put the fittings?

One more thing...does anyone know of any other grass drags in NY? All I know if and have raced in the past is at the Lanterns.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
alot of grass drags in ny, but not usually till fall. ohio ny , greenville is a good one, and there is more. as far as quick connect cool downs on the 7.. hmmm kinda spooky with the probs they had with the air, but i dunno

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am interested in grass drag racing too, if anyone has any Info on please let me know.

I would like to know of a wep page that has info on it about grass drags.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You boys should be trying the pavement for
that a rush you so won`t forget.I was told that the
7`s were supposed to run the 1/4 in 10.6-10.8 range
on the black top,if so that motoring for a 700.
We still got 4-6 weeks left here in Cape Breton .We
got 10' last nite and put on 150miles sunday.Trails
aregood to excellant ,so it`s not time yet.
cape Breton stock...............................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, please post them. That would be great. Since this has the reverse cooling flow, I was a little confused. Also, will there be any problems come winter when you have to put the anitfreze back in?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm gonna try the grass racing at the local drags this year. Had good luck with my old zr800. I used to just put bags of ice on the motor and hose down the heat exchangers a little. It's gonna be tough to put a bag of ice on the fire cat motor though. May be just pull the seat and ice the heat exchanger to cool it down. The trail classes I compete in don't allow cool down connections.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Buy and add some RedLine WaterWetter! That stuff really works! Drops the engine temp down about 15 degrees! Also, ice the engine and heat exchangers like you mentioned too!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the pics up at Double Trouble Racing
Click on the "Tech" Page, and then click "Cool-Down Connection. I haven't updated the "Thermostat Modification" page yet, so if you need to know what to do, drop me an e-mail and I can explain it to you.

Good Luck,

Jamie Edwards
DTR

·
Registered
482 Posts
The steps listed in red are just reminders to me. I want to re-word them when I have a little time. All the steps are there, so if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Originally posted by caper711cc@Mar 17 2003, 12:00 PM
You boys should be trying the pavement for
that a rush you so won`t forget.I was told that the
7`s were supposed to run the 1/4 in 10.6-10.8 range
on the black top,if so that motoring for a 700.
We still got 4-6 weeks left here in Cape Breton .We
got 10' last nite and put on 150miles sunday.Trails
aregood to excellant ,so it`s not time yet.
cape Breton stock...............................
I read this and thought sweet I know what i`m doing this summer.

NOPE!! It would cost over $1000 to set up a asphalt sled.

How much does it take to set one up for grass drags.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like anything, if you want to compete it will cost $$. There are trail classes where you just pretty much show up with your sled with nothing done to it and race it. I plan on racing in the stock class. I'm going to get a drag clutch kit, try and get my ecu reprogrammed, add some wheels to the suspension, a lower it. It will probably be around $300.

·
Registered
90 Posts
CatMan9 do you know where to get your ecu reprogramed at? I have done some looking and found only one option and its kinda spendy. Thanks Cat Fever

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dealer said he would get it done for me...he has a lot of drag at Cat I guess. Try D&D...they might beable to do somthing for you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Go to grassdrags.com. I think they have 4 races in new york. There are others in New England. Rules and regs are posted on that site. They have different classes too.You can get hte registation form there too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts